Language Studies Department - French
Complete a full year of classes this summer!
Lane Community College is pleased to offer a full year of beginning French in one 11-week summer session. This course is offered as a hybrid course: it meets Monday-Thursday in a traditional classroom on main campus and students also engage 30% of the course online, from home or another remote setting.
- Each course is 5 credits so students can earn up to 15 credits of first-year French.
- French 101 and French 102 fulfill the language requirement for admission to 4 year colleges and universities.
- French 101 and 102 meet for four weeks each, June 25 - August 16.
- French 103 meets for 3 weeks, August 20 - September 6.
5 credits = $515 (x3)
Summer Fees = $130
Materials = $20
Cost for three 5-credit courses, including materials and summer fees is $1,700.
Used textbook available for these courses: new textbook cost appx. $300.
French Club Spring Term Calendar
Parlez-vous français ?
Join us in Cen 451 on alternating Wednesdays from 3pm-4:30pm for conversation, games, films, and
guest speakers from French-speaking countries.
- April 11 & 25, May 9* & 23, June 6
- *May 9 French Club meets at Papa’s Pizza on W. 11th from 5:30-7 pm for a fundraiser
French Program at LCC
The French Program at LCC offers two years of instruction in French, from the beginning sequence (FR 101-103) through the intermediate sequence (FR 201-203). It is designed to build students' communication skills and confidence in speaking this sonorous language that is used internationally in over 50 countries. Students at Lane study French in diverse cultural contexts, using a proficiency-based model of learning that promotes intercultural competence. During spring term every other year, we invite students to participate in an on-campus weekend immersion experience (FR 211/212). Alternating years, students can study abroad in France during our four-week Summer in France program (FR 188/288).
- Summer in France - Study Abroad
- French Immersion Weekend (FR 211/212, see course description below)
- Resources for students:
- Resources for instructors:
- Course Descriptions
- LCC degree information
- Internships/Coop Ed