Lane’s Continuing Education Department offers a wide variety of career training, professional development, and personal enrichment classes. Continuing Education classes and trainings are perfect if you want to quickly and affordably gain knowledge, skills, or experience, but may not want to pursue a credit-bearing degree.
Current Classes and Trainings
Or you can explore courses via the links below:
- Arts, Crafts and Hobbies
- Computers Skills and Technology
- Cooking and Wine
- Dance and Exercise Fitness
- Driver Training
- Family Health and Dynamics
- Fashion Design and Textiles
- Gardening and Landscaping
- Home Buying and Improvement
- Interior Design
- Languages and Sign Languages
- Money Management
- Outdoor Recreation
- Performing Arts
- Self-Improvement and Growth
- Sewing and Fiber Arts
- Woodshop and Cabinet Making
- CPR and Basic Life Support
- Community Health Care Worker
- Computer Skills and Technology
- Encore Careers
- LMT Continuing Education
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Receptionist
- Nursing Assistant
- Personal Care Aide
- Pharmacy Technician
- Real Estate Pre License
- Volunteer Training
How and When to Register
Registration for most classes and trainings takes place online through our registration platforms, although you can also register over the phone. Registration open dates are listed below. Note that registration for our Online classes and trainings is always open/active.
Pro tip! Make sure you get into the class you want! Register for classes as soon as registration opens, or a minimum of five business days prior to the class start date. Some of our most popular, in-demand classes and trainings fill very quickly, sometimes within hours of registration opening.
Scholarships Available to all Students
Extended Learning Education Assistance Awards
A limited number of $50 Assistance Awards are available for those pursuing classes through Continuing Education and the Senior Programming. Here is all you need to know to apply:
- You need to have a User Profile created in our system before applying. Create your profile and if you need help creating your profile, call or visit us.
- Assistance Awards are applied to your User Profile as a $50 credit voucher and are available on your account for two (2) years after dispersed.
- Assistance Awards are non-transferrable and non-renewable. (You cannot give them to another person, or get them as cash or check instead of a voucher, and if it is not used within two years, it cannot be renewed).
- Interested parties need to fill out an application and turn it in. (An online application and a printable pdf are below).
- Complete and print out application: Return Scholarships back to Continuing Education Department.
*f granted and Assistance Award, your award voucher will be available for the term after you applied. (For example if you apply by the Winter Term 2022 you are granted an Assistance Award, it will be available for you to use in Spring Term 2022.) You will be notified by email and phone if you are awarded assistance.
Do You Qualify for Veteran's Benefits? You can use your benefits to pay for this class! For more information contact LCC Veterans Education Benefits Certification Information Office.
Start an Individual Development Account and receive matching funds for goal-oriented budgeting and saving. Contact the Goodwill Industries’ Prosperity Center, at: (541) 431-3307, or go to Goodwill Job Connections on Seneca to talk to Trysta
Information about other organizations that offer scholarships can be obtained from scholarship search sites such as Fastweb. Also get additional scholarship information on Lane's Scholarship Information site.
Contact Continuing Education
In-person customer service at our office location is unavailable until further notice while staff work from home. We are still available to assist you via the phone or email.