Frequently Asked Questions

Find your advisors for each Career Community.  Advisors see students based on their program of study. If you are undeclared or undecided on your major then you can see any advisor.

We recommend that you see your advisor at least once a term prior to registering for courses. You can see your advisor at any point of the term.

It depends, as many but not all Advising teams or Career Communities have more than one advisor. You are welcome to see the same advisor consistently, or whichever advisor is available at the time of your visit. You may also see a different advisor or advising team if you change your major/program of study.

If you haven't decided on a major or program of study, we recommend you start by contacting Lane’s Career Exploration Center, where you may access many career exploration tools and explore Lane’s Career Communities and access Career Counseling.

You may also email the center directly at:

Advisors can recommend courses for you to take each term, but it is your responsibility to register yourself for courses. Students typically do not register for courses in advisors' offices. 

While the college is closed and/or has limited access, you may connect with an advisor.

When we are back to normal operation, Lane's advisors see students during drop-in advising hours. For the most up to date advising hours, call the Academic Advising Center at 541-463-3800 or see the drop in advising information.

It is common for students to take more than two years to complete an Associate degree. Completion time depends on where students place in writing and math and how many credits students take each term.

Academic advisors can help you with your academic path and credit course loads. Counselors help you navigate retention strategies, career exploration and/or personal issues.

Lane runs on the quarter system, and a full-time course load means that you are registered for at least 12 credits or more in any term.

Please address your financial aid questions to Enrollment Services or to Financial Aid.