Get hands on with your future
Learn about opportunities for continuing education after you’ve earned your license.
What you’ll learn
Our courses prepare you to take the licensing exams required by the Oregon Board of Massage Therapists, and our curriculum is approved by the Board and by the State of Oregon Department of Community College and Workforce Development. Our instructors in the program bring you years of professional experience from the field of massage and bodywork.
We prepare you for the Oregon Board of Massage Therapists license exam, which requires: a minimum of 625 classroom hours including at least 200 hours of health sciences (Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology, and Kinesiology) and 300 hours of Massage Theory and Practical Application, Clinical Practice, Business Development, Communication, Ethics, and Sanitation. Applicants must also show proof of CPR certification and must be at least 18 years of age.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Build a strong foundation in anatomy, physiology, and pathology knowledge
- Learn about Chinese medicine and its applications to massage therapy
- Deepen your knowledge of body mechanics, further sensitize your touch, and experiment with session design
- Learn Swedish, myofascial release-based modalities and other massage techniques
- Navigate legal and ethical issues related to the field
- Practice techniques and earn hours towards licensure in student clinics
After completing the massage therapy program at Lane, you’ll be prepared to take the Oregon Board of Massage Therapists licensure exam and start your career as a massage therapist. After you’ve received your license, you’ll need to maintain your certification by completing at least 25 hours of continuing education every two years. Learn about the continuing education options Lane provides for licensed massage therapists.
Not sure which is for you? Learn more about the types of degrees & certificates Lane has to offer
6 Term Plan for School Year 2023-24
|Practice Lab||20||No Cost|
|Intro to Ethics/Communications||15||$199|
|Term 2||Anatomy/Physiology/Pathology 2||30||$399|
|Intro to Kinesiology-Upper Body||35||$409|
|Term 3||Anatomy/Physiology/Pathology 3||30||$399|
|Intro to Kinesiology-Lower Body||35||$409|
|Term 4||Anatomy/Physiology/Pathology 4||30||$399|
|Intro to Community Massage||35||$469|
|Intro to Law||15||$199|
|Term 5||Anatomy/Physiology/Pathology 5||30||$399|
|Term 6||Professional Practices||40||$469|
|Student Clinic||40||No Cost|
Total cost of 6 term plan $7,062. This cost does not include textbooks. A current list of textbooks can be found after you register, in your Continuing Education registration account. Just sign in and click on the "Books for Continuing Ed" link.
Massage Profession & Regulation Links
- Association of Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP)
- American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA)
- Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB)
- National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB)
- The Massage Therapy Foundation
- The Oregon Board of Massage Therapists (OBMT)