The Lane Community College Foundation has a limited number of scholarships available to address the need of GED students who completed their final GED test after our traditional scholarship application deadline.
To be considered for this GED specific scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Completed the GED after March 1, 2023.
- Will be enrolled as a part-time or more credit student at Lane.
- Submit an official GED Transcript with this online application. (We do not accept paper or emailed transcripts).
Only students who meet all the above requirements may submit an application for these GED specific scholarships. Applications may be submitted at any time between June 1 and March 10. Only one submission is permitted per student.
GED scholarship amounts will vary from $500-$1000. Students who are selected for a GED scholarship will receive disbursement in fall/winter/spring depending on the date the application was submitted, the scholarship was offered and confirmed.
1. Required - Apply for admissions
Getting Started at Lane. Required for all applicants. If you have never attended Lane before, or it has been more than a year since you last attended, you must complete an admission or readmission application. You will need to do this to receive your L Number and student Gmail account.
2. Required - Lane Student ID Number (also called L Number)
Required for all applicants. This may take several business days after you complete your online admission.
3. Required - Lane student Gmail account
Required for all applicants. Shed: Student HelpDesk - Article on how to claim and activate your student email account. You cannot submit a scholarship application without a Lane student email ending in @my.lanecc.edu.
4. Required - Prepare two essay answers
Required for all applicants. We recommend writing these answers before you begin the application and pasting the results into the appropriate sections. Answers cannot be changed once they are submitted.
- What are your specific educational plans and career goals and why? (Limit response to 170 words).
- Tell us about your work history and/or other activities that are meaningful to you. Is there a special passion you have for these activities? (Limit response to 170 words).
5. Required - GED Transcript
Required for all applicants. You are required to upload a copy of your GED transcript that includes the official report of all test results/scores. A GED diploma will not be accepted in place of this transcript. File should be submitted as a PDF. Your application will be disqualified if the GED transcript is not uploaded with the application.
This application may only be submitted once and cannot be modified after it is submitted.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
GED Scholarship Application - Only for students who completed GED Testing after March 1, 2023.