Employee Benefits - Part-Time Hourly

Part-Time Hourly Classified
(less Than .500 FTE) Resources

For questions, call Human Resources at ext. 5586

Table of Contents

  • Direct Deposit
  • E-Class (employee classification)
  • Employee Assistance Program
  • ExpressLane
  • Holidays
  • Hourly employees - maximum hourly limits
  • Insurance Stipend
  • Notices of Vacancy - am I eligible to apply for internal postings?
  • Payday
  • PERS (Public Employees Retirement System)
  • Salary Schedule
  • Sick Leave
  • Tuition Waiver
    • Employee
    • Family
  • Union Dues
  • Working Hours

How do I use Lane's Automatic Direct Deposit?

You need to complete, date, and sign the Direct Payroll Deposit Authorization form and attach a voided check or written verification of the financial institution's routing number and your account number. These forms can be obtained from, and should be returned to, Human Resources. You may have your money deposited into several different accounts at different financial institutions.

Hourly classified employees can be classified as either a C3 or C4 employee. A C3 employee is someone who works in a regularly scheduled position. A C4 employee is a casual, on-call employee, or some student designated positions. Your department will determine what your e-class is. Many of your benefits are dependent upon your e-class.

All hourly classified employees have access to free confidential counseling through the Employee Assistance Program.

The employee assistance program provides the employee with up to eight (8) free confidential counseling visits per incident per person per plan year and 4 free coaching sessions per person per plan year. Services are provided by Uprise Health and appointments can be scheduled by calling 866-750-1327. When calling, employees should state that they are an employee of Lane Community College to receive the benefit.

Online resources are also available, using the access code "OEBB", in the Member Resources section of Uprise Health's website. Additionally, online videos are available on the Uprise Health YouTube Channel.

ExpressLane is a full-service module for employees to access:

  • Enrollment Services
  • Financial Aid
  • Employee Services
  • Personal Information
  • Financial Information

You can call the Information Technology Department to attend a training session on the use of ExpressLane.

Note: You will need to submit your timesheet for approval through ExpressLane at the end of every pay period in order to be paid. Your department will give you further instruction about accessing and completing your timesheet.

Hourly classified employees do not get paid for holidays.

A less than .500 FTE hourly classified employee cannot work more than a total of 1039 hours a year. This is based upon a rolling 12-month calendar. The total of 1039 includes hours worked in all departments (if you claim sick leave on your timesheet, those hours are also included in the 1039).

There are no college-paid insurance benefits for hourly classified employees. However, after the completion of 700 hours of classified timesheet employment in any consecutive 12-month period, employees classified as C3 shall receive a benefit stipend of $75.00 per pay period. Hours worked will be monitored on a semi-monthly basis to establish eligibility. This stipend shall be added to the employee's salary. Once initial eligibility is established, cumulative hours worked will be monitored on April 1 and October 1 of each year. In order to maintain eligibility for the stipend for another six-month period, the employee must have worked at least 700 hours in the 12-month period prior to these review dates. The stipend will not be paid in any pay period which the employee does not work in a C3 position.

Am I eligible to apply for internal postings?

Yes, upon meeting certain eligibility requirements. You must be a current classified employee (active on the College's payroll), have been hired by means of a documented competitive hiring process, and have completed at least 520 hours of work. If you are unsure about your total hours, you can check with your department or call Human Resources.

Payday is the 10th and 25th of each month. If the 10th or 25th falls on a weekend or a college holiday, payday is the last working day prior to the weekend or holiday.

To establish PERS membership, an employee must work a minimum of 600 hours in a calendar year (hours worked while also a full-time student do not accumulate toward this minimum), complete a six-month waiting period as defined by PERS, and still be employed at least one day following the waiting period. Once membership is established the College will pay the employee contribution each pay period, which is currently 6% of gross salary. Any calendar year an employee does not work at least 600 eligible hours is ineligible for PERS contributions. Upon separation of employment, an employee may cash out, rollover or otherwise withdraw the contributions made to PERS account but may be subject to a new six-month waiting period in the future if re-employed in a PERS qualifying position, with any PERS employer.

If you are already an active member of PERS or a PERS retiree, please notify Human Resources right away so that appropriate action may be taken.

Disclaimer: PERS membership and eligibility is governed by the laws and regulations of the State of Oregon. The information provided here is a just a brief summary. Detailed information on the PERS program, including membership and benefits is available on the PERS website.

Is there a standard salary schedule for part-time hourly employees?

Yes, a classified hourly salary schedule is available under Classified Payroll Information on the payroll website.

Effective January 1, 2016 all employees, except Federal Work Study students and Specialized Support Services clients, accrue sick leave. More information on the Oregon Sick Time law is available online.

Classified hourly C3 employees who are in a PERS qualifying position shall earn sick leave on a pro-rated basis in accordance with the LCCEF union contract.

Employees can review sick leave accrual detail and the unused sick leave balance online any time by logging into ExpressLane. Sick leave hours used should be entered on the semi-monthly payroll timesheet accessed through ExpressLane. Hours used will be deducted from the employee's available balance and applied toward any OFLA and FMLA leave entitlements, to the extent allowed by law and in accordance with the LCCEF union contract.

Less than .500 FTE employees (see note below) may register for one class per term tuition free, as long as attendance by the employee does not conflict with the employees' regular working hours, except as approved by the employees' supervisor. In addition, less than .500 FTE employees may register for and attend unlimited classes if the employee has worked 700 hours or more in the past twelve months.

Hourly classified employees (see note below) are eligible for one tuition waiver per eligible family member.

Note: To be eligible for the employee or family tuition waiver, your E-Class (Employee Class) must be a C3 - talk to your supervisor if you should have questions regarding how your E-Class was determined.

If you would like to learn more about your Union, contact a LCCEF Union Representative. To become a Union member, visit LCCEF online and click on Membership to obtain the form. One-half the monthly fee is collected each pay period based on earnings during that pay period only.

Rest Period

All employees shall be granted a fifteen-minute rest period after each 4 hours of continuous work. Rest periods shall be utilized as feasible with the operational needs of the College as determined by its supervisors.

Lunch Period

Employees shall be granted a lunch period of not less than one-half hour during each five hour or longer work shift. Such lunch period shall be without pay and utilized as feasible with the operational needs of the College.