Creating Opportunities Through Short Term Training, Workforce Connections, and Community Resources.
The Career Pathways Department is dedicated to serving students and community members pursuing short-term, workforce-based training. We support dislocated workers, Career Changers, GED students, English Language Learners, and many other individuals seeking training and resources. We provide students with both customized or integrated academic options through our Occupational Skills and PASS programs. Or we provide holistic support, resource navigation and coaching to students choosing other career technical or basic skills programs at LCC. Students from any LCC program are welcome to visit and learn about community resources and workforce sponsorship possibilities, or just get assistance with applying for SNAP or other resources.
Career Pathways Academic Options
- PASS Lane: Jump start your education by choosing PASS Lane, a gateway to career technical options for English Language Learners, GED students, and other students needing extra academic support.
- Occupational Skills: Individually customized certificates with an emphasis on work experience based learning.
- Culinary and Baking: Short term credit-based certificates for those pursuing a career in the culinary arts.
- Career Pathways Certificates: Short-term Career Technical credit-based certificates.
- Career Technical Programs at Lane: Choose from a large selection of LCC vocationally focused programs.
- Other opportunities at LCC: We work collaboratively and provide coaching for other programs at LCC including: GED en español, GED preparation & College Ready (ABSE), ESL and ESL Bridges.
Career Pathways Services
- CARE at Lane: CARE services are open to any student at LCC looking for resources and referrals for basic needs such as tuition assistance through partner agency sponsorship, as well as assistance applying for SNAP or other food and/or housing referrals.
- STEP at Lane: Coaching, resource navigation and support for LCC students who are SNAP recipients.
- ICAP: (more information coming soon) A program for individuals enrolled or eligible for vocational rehabilitation services.
- Career Pathways Coaching: All students enrolled in unique Career Pathways programs and services will be assigned a career pathways coach who assists with Internal and external navigation and support.
- Free Computer Basics Classes: Learn the basics of navigating a computer and the applications most used at Lane. (Here is the Free Computer Basics Classes flyer in Spanish.)
- Free Cooking Classes: Learn how to prepare healthy, nutrient dense meals on a budget. Co-sponsored by Food for Lane County.
Students enrolling in Career Pathways Programs and Services may benefit from these four standards of our academic programs and supportive services:
- Short-term training that lead to long-term careers
- Supplemental and/or customized coursework
- Career pathways coaching and navigation services
- Community connections, resources and referrals
CLASP (Center for Law And Social Policy): Career Pathways Explained
Contact Career Pathways
4000 East 30th Ave.
Eugene, OR 97405
Building 4, Room 210
In Person Services: Mon-Thurs: 8:30am - 5pm, Fri: 8:30 - 2pm.
We also offer in-person services at LCC's Downtown Campus (101 W 10th Ave, Eugene OR 97401): Mon: 2pm - 8:30pm, Wed: 8:30am - 2:30pm.
Live Remote Services: Mon-Thurs: 9am - 4:30pm | Fri: 9am - 2pm. Available in the Lane Support Hub. Enter the Support Hub by going to lanecc.edu/hub. Enter the Zoom link, and and ask to join the "Career Pathways Room". Or by appointment by emailing email@example.com.