Interested in a career in a fast growing industry? Our cybersecurity program can get you started right.
Throughout your degree, you’ll use the same hardware and software used by professionals every day.
CC is the only authorized training academy in the local area that provides students with the same rigorous training that experienced technical professionals receive, often leading to industry-recognized certifications and in-demand careers.
Cooperative Education classes can help you stand out when you’re searching for a job by giving you real world experience.
What you’ll learn
As technology becomes more and more essential to everyday life, opportunities for criminals to try to exploit technology grow. According to Cybersecurity Ventures, cyber crime will cost the global economy about $10.5 trillion USD annually by 2025 (2023). Lane’s Cyber Security program will prepare you for a vital career fighting cyber crime.
As a cybersecurity professional, your coworkers will look to you to keep their information safe. Whether you choose to complete your degree on campus or entirely online, you’ll be prepared not only to start your career, but also to take important certification exams including the Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT), Cisco’s CCNA in Cybersecurity Operations, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, and Palo Alto Networks Certified Cybersecurity Associate. Lane has a Pearson Vue testing center on site, making it easy for you to schedule your certification exams, and you may even receive free or discounted vouchers to take exams!
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Defend systems against unauthorized access, modification, and/or destruction
- Perform vulnerability and networking scanning assessments
- Monitor network traffic for unusual activity
- Configure and support security tools such as firewalls, anti-virus software, intrusion detection systems, and patch management systems
- Implement network security policies, application security, access control and corporate data safeguards
- Analyze and establish security requirements for your networks
- Develop and update business continuity and disaster recovery protocols
- Conduct security audits, make policy recommendations, and train fellow employees in security awareness
- Gain fundamental knowledge of key compliance requirements, such as PCI-DSS and HIPAA
- Provide technical security advice
After completing your degree in Cybersecurity, your degree can take you anywhere you want to go. Whether you want to work within Eugene’s Silicon Shire, home to over 400 technology companies, or branch out to Seattle, Portland, or the Silicon Valley, your degree will propel you to new heights.
Because cybersecurity professionals are in such high demand, many companies are hiring employees who work out of their own home. You will also be prepared to further your studies at schools such as Oregon Institute of Technology, Oregon State University, and Western Governors University. If you’re interested in earning your four-year degree, our advisors will be able to help you craft an academic plan to map out your options.
Not sure which is for you? Learn more about the types of degrees & certificates Lane has to offer