Every year the League for Innovation honors outstanding innovations that have been recognized by member institutions as Innovations of the Year. These innovations represent capstone achievements and the continuing renewal of the spirit of innovation and experimentation upon which the League was founded.
The criteria used to select the Innovation of the Year are:
Lane's Innovation of the Year Award is selected every Winter Term by a committee that consists of a volunteer pool of previous award recipients, LCC Foundation staff and Board members and Lane's League Representative. In the event that none of the nominations are deemed to be of a caliber of nationwide recognition, no award will be made for that academic year.
Nominations for this year's Lane Innovation of the Year Awards are due by February 18, 2022. Everyone is encouraged to participate. Review the Selection Criteria and Submission Instructions. Let others know by sharing this page in your department and with your colleagues.
Lane Innovation of the Year Winners:
- Pilas Family Literacy:Access and Equity to Learning for Guatemalans in Cottage Grove. Submitted by the team of Indira Bakshi, Aliscia Niles, Shelby Allread, Leilani Perez, Kate Hachimoto, Shannon Ball, John Groves, Jaqui Whisler, Jen Sacklin, Maggie Mitteis, and Anna Gates-Tapia.
- Library Research Toolkit. Submitted by Claire Dannenbaum with the team Meggie Wright and Laurel Crump.
- Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) Symposium. Submitted by Aryn Bartley, Rachel Knighten, and Kevin Steeves with the team Shannon Ball, Rory Beck, Patrick Blaine, Shamra Clark, Ian Coronado, Dennis Gilbert, Jill Gillett, Terry Holloway, Meredith Keene, Skye Nguyen, Kendra Rivera, Ce Rosenow, Tammy Salman, Nancy Wood, and Meggie Wright.
- LCC Dental Program and OHSU School of Dentistry Collaboration. Submitted by Nadine Batya with the team from LCC Sharon Hagan, Michelle Cummins, Corey Miner, and Melanie Davis, and from the community Jill Mason, Director, Community-Based Dental Education, OHSU School of Dentistry Kim Freuen, White Bird Clinic, Dental Clinic Coordinator, and Daniel Fredrickson, Martin Bumstead, Gregor Soriano, Jack Dunham, Dental Preceptors.
- CFPO Complete Flight Program Overhaul. Submitted by Grant Matthews nominating Josh Rickert.
- Child and Family Education: New Center at Downtown Campus. Submitted by Cheryl Henderson with the team Rachel Blazevich, Amy Unfred, Mark Richardson, and Vance Wooten.
- Clarity Framework. Submitted by Robert Killen.
- The Democracy Conversation Series. Submitted by Aryn Bartley and Claire Dannenbaum with the team Marc Duyck, Lawrence Rasheed, Michael Samano, Lori Tapahonso, and Randy Painter.
- LCC Nursing Student Faculty Collaborative (SFC). Submitted by Jennifer Tavernier with the team Thomas Blickle, Brad Christopher, Jeremy Kaufman, Colby Postle, Susan Roders, and Darrah Wolfe.
- Making project-based learning more personal and rewarding for students by giving them ownership of their projects. Submitted by Solomon Singer with the team Sean Parrish and Josh Rickert.
- Mentoring Strategies from Struggle to Success on the National Physical Therapy Asst. Exam (NPTE). Submitted by Marc Duyck.
- Titan Download, COVID-19 Response and Resources Employee Newsletter. Submitted by Marsha Sills with the team Joan Aschim, Deborah Butler, Brett Rowlett, Kyle Schmidt, and Shane Turner.
- Translating Faculty Tutoring Excellence (FTE) into State FTE. Submitted by Christina Howard with the team Kat Burns, Sheila Collins, Marc Duyck, Andrea Leiserowitz, Abbey Reddy, Susan Reynolds, Cathy Thomas, Beth Thorpe, and Brian Wilkinson.
- Veteran Onboarding Transformation Initiative. Submitted by Samuel Evans with team Alen Bahret, Jennifer Dumble, Philos Molina, and Alicia Ramos.
- Lane Support Hub: High Impact Lifeline for Students submitted by Casey Reid, Jenn Kepka, Sara Pittman, Karen Louise White with their team from the Career Exploration Center, including Tammy Walters, Librarians, Peer Mentors, Retention Counselors, SHeD Staff including Armando Chavarin, Rory Beck, Toni Timmers, Mat Whiteley, and Student staff, and Academic and Tutoring Services staff including Kim Dawson, Jan Moore, Kristen Albrethsen, Steve Ellerhoff, Katie Hachimoto, Barbara Sklar, Shane Holmes, Liz Wallace, Candy Chen, Jennifer DeRoss, Greg Doty, Katherine Kaylegian, Mike Walker, Carrie Rose, Cullen Andrews, Mike Hellman, Tyler Sirman, Zachary Babyak, Fatima Farje, Jacob Riddle, Marty Weeks, Allie Crawford, Emma Greeven, Norma Scovell, Russell Crooks, Tonya Mildon, NadiraZainulAnuar, Amanda Gomez-Zeller, River Bulgatz, Cristina Nunez-Ochoa, Bailey Taube-Adams, Manon (Nonie) Tabak, Tania Sarabia, James Marsten, Krizia Walker, Sue Long, Dominic Maluski, Isaac Arias, Marlie Scott, Sarah Bennett, Alexander Johnson, Riley Kim, John Redfield, Rocio Parra, Albert Coia, Shawna Staff, Sequoia Anichini, Ivan Castronuno, Skylar Shapiro-Frost, Sara Crompton, Jason Fitzsimmons, Joshua Campbell, Jennifer Meacham, MariAnna Hinojosa, Jennifer Vargo, ZamaladiNambozo, Sierra Maish, Zachary (Link) Talley, Francesca Mancillas, Alex Fieken, Jean Michel Ange N’da, Ivo Decarlis, Yevgeniy Kim, Leila SenaAfonseca Pereira, and Chandra Slonecker
- Learning FROM and DURING a Pandemic Using a Virtual Telehealth Model: Overcoming COVID-19 Challenges in Physical Therapist Assistant Clinical Education submitted by Beth Ann Thorpe
- Design and Implementation of Boot Camp General Chemistry Laboratory Instruction in Response to COVID submitted by Gary Mort, Brooke Taylor, and Douglas Young with their team Adam Gabay, Rosanna Kirwin, Magdalena Parker, David Rogow, and Todd Stuhr
- LCC Dental Clinic Relaunch during COVID in 2020 submitted by Sharon Hagan and Nadine Batya with their team from Health Professions including Cory Miner, Melany Davis, Cynthia Deitz, Leslie Greer, Kym Peterson, Michelle Cummins, Rachel Ellis, Jack Dunham, Scott Baker, Henry Martin Bumstead, Christina James, Chris Stewart, from Facilities Mark Richardson, Vance Wooten, Michael Ganieany, Steve Kale, Heath Pierce, Risk Manager Dawn Barth, John Fritz from IT, and from the community Lane County Dentist Dr. Ellis, and South Eugene HS Robotics Club
- Bridge to College: Access and Equity for Nontraditional Adult Learners submitted by Aliscia Niles
- Inclusive Teaching Event Series submitted by Aryn Bartley with her team including Patrick Blaine, Nikki Gavin, Katie Hachimoto, Patti Jackson, Rachel Knighten, Erika Masaki, Laura Pelletier, Kendra Rivera, Michael Samano, Tracy Weimer, Meggie Wright. Also receiving support from Christine Andrews, Jessica Knoch, Doug Young, Meredith Keene, Kevin Steeves, Jessica Alvarado, Wendy Simmons, Jane Reeder and TRiO staff, Katherine Oglesby, Alexis Kielb, Leah Smith, and Lane students Eva Everett, Cameron Santiago, Loki, Brittany Bayer, Missy Brown, Aimee Fisher, Olivia Morris, and SalukaWeeratunga
- TalkCampus – Student Mental Health Support in the Time of Virtual Learning submitted by Terrie Minner with her team including Michele Barber, Jean Gipple, Keelie Daquilanto, Lexi Slovik, Dee Lynch, and Laura Greene
- Thomas Blickle, Tanya Brathwaite, Holly Buckem, Bradley Christopher, Tawnya Gillespie, Colby Kilcullen, Elizabeth Novicky, Monica Rosencrance, Paula Tomczak, and Darrah Wolfe for “Innovative Clinical Experiences to Prepare and Retain Nurses in Rural Oregon”.
- Lori Areford, Josh Baker, Judy Boozer, Jennifer Falzerano, Tia Gomez Zeller, LuAnne Johnson, Tomomi Kurosaki, Christopher Rehn, and Colby Sheldon for “A Truly International Business Degree: Global Degree Completion Lane Community College and Rennes School of Business”.
- Meredith Keene, Josh Manders, Skye Nguyen, and Kevin Steeves for “Improving Course Accessibility Through Graphic Indicators, Checklists, and Focused Training”.
- Nicky Coffey, Georgia Harter, Chloe Hendrickson, Andrew Johnson, and Briley Pull for “M.A.D.social: Strengthening the Online Presence of Media Arts”.
- Linda Ackers, Amy Burbee, Linda Crook, and Egan Riordon for “Library and Automotive Team Up to Reduce Costs and Increase Access to Service Information”.
- Barbara Barlow Powers, Matt Danskine, Brian Kelly, Cathy Nolan, Bill Schuetz, and Jen Steele for “Project Management Office (PMO)”.
- Shelby Allread, Shannon Ball, Rachel Kim, and Leilani Perez for “Google to the Rescue! Leveraging G Suite to create powerful, centralized, and up-to-date information and resource hubs for staff and faculty”.
- Tina Hunter and Gee Thomas for “Welcome Center”.