Welcome to Lane Community College!
We know that there are many employment options out there and we are excited that you have chosen Lane Community College. In addition to the information below, please visit our Staff Resources website for more information on additional programs and services on campus and throughout the community.
Benefits Orientation Information
As a new employee, you have 30 days from your date of hire to select and enroll in the health plans. Eligibility for insurance begins the first of the month following your date of employment. For example, if your first day of employment is February 1, your coverage begins on March 1.
Please select the appropriate employee category below to watch the orientation video. Once you have viewed the orientation video, please complete the required forms.
- Classified Employee Orientation Video
- Classified Orientation Slides
- Classified Benefits in Detail - benefit plan comparisons, rate charts, etc.
- Faculty Orientation Video
- Faculty Orientation Slides
- Faculty Benefits in Detail - benefit plan comparisons, rate charts, etc.
- Management Orientation Video
- Management Orientation Slides
- Management Benefits in Detail - benefit plan comparisons, rate charts, etc.
General information on other benefits can also be accessed from the LCC Benefits website.
After watching your orientation video, the following forms are required and must be completed within 30 days of hire:
- Information Confidentiality Statement
- FERPA Statement
- Insurance Enrollment Application
- Orientation Checklist
- PERS Beneficiary Designation - This document requires you print it for signature. Please return the completed and signed form to your Benefits Analyst via email attachment, or return it directly to PERS. The return address for PERS is located at the top of the form.
The following forms are optional based on your enrollment selections; however, deadlines may apply:
Deadline Applies - within 30 days of hire:
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Account Enrollment Form
- Health Savings Account Enrollment Form (Must have selected Moda Medical Plan 6 to be eligible to participate. Applies to classified, management, and management confidential employees only.)
No Deadline Applies:
- Family Tuition Waiver
- Payroll Direct Deposit - Return completed form to your Payroll Analyst in Human Resources.
- Voluntary Identification of Disability
- Voluntary Identification of Veteran Status
- Classified Union Membership Enrollment (Classified Employees Only)
- Faculty Union Membership Enrollment (Faculty Only)
During non-business hours, campus indoor facilities are accessible by badge access and/or key(s). Your department has likely already submitted a work order to Facilities for any building keys that you may need and/or submitted a request to Public Safety for badge access to any buildings you may need to access during non-business hours. Facilities will contact you when any ordered building keys are ready for pickup and your ID (access) badge is obtained from Public Safety. Please contact your department administrator or manager with questions related to building access.
Employees are welcome to visit any of the dining venues on campus, get food to go, or share a coffee and pastry with a friend. Visit the LCC Dining website for the different options.
Information Technology, Computer, Campus Phone
The Information Technology staff supports our employees with their communication and computing needs. Contact the IT Help Desk to troubleshoot a hardware or software program, view online program tutorials, problem solve login issues, or get answers to your technology questions. Visit the IT website for more information.
Employees have full access to the LCC library services and collections. These include borrowing privileges, reference and research assistance, access to computers, and instructional programs. Visit the LCC Library website for more information.
Employees are paid twice a month, on the 10th and the 25th. If that date falls on a weekend or bank holiday, pay day is the last working day immediately preceding. Timesheets are submitted through ExpressLane, and payroll will send out an email reminding employees of the submittal deadline. Visit the Payroll Information website for more information.
Upon hire, there is mandatory training that all employees must complete. These mandatory trainings are provided through SafeColleges and will be assigned to you shortly after you begin working. Your username is your L# and no password is necessary. In addition to any assigned training, there is also a library of (optional) training materials available to you.
In addition to books, the Titan Store also has miscellaneous merchandise and grab-and-go food selections for purchase. Employees are eligible for a discount on certain items so be sure to present your employee ID badge at checkout to receive your discount.
Employees and their families are encouraged to enhance wellness through many components and channels. The employee wellness program offers a wide array of resources for helping employees and their families achieve and maintain optimal wellness by sponsoring free/reduced classes, events and other services.