Tutoring is free to all Lane students. You can drop in or make an appointment for online (through Zoom) tutoring, make an appointment for on-campus tutoring in math, business, and CIT subjects, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
March 28 - June 8 hours in the online Lane Support Hub:
- Monday 9-5
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 9-8
- Friday 9-5
- Saturdays 10-2
No appointment needed for online tutoring: just drop in!
- Drop into our shared Zoom room: Lane Support Hub Zoom Room (Make sure you have updated Zoom recently.)
- Drop into the LCC Tutoring Annex in Discord (that link provides an invitation).
- Chat with us in the Lane Support Hub in Moodle.
- Send papers to email@example.com and you will receive feedback usually within 24 hours, 7 days a week.
March 28 - June 8 hours on Lane's main campus:
Tutors are available by appointment only in our on-campus spaces. Schedule appointments using WCOnline. Appointments can be scheduled up to 15 minutes in advance of your meeting time. Appointments are one-on-one with a tutor (no group sessions are currently being scheduled).
- Business Tutoring (19/254E):
- Tuesday, 10:30-3:30
- CIT Lab (19/135)
- Monday-Friday, 11-12, 12:30-2:30
- STEM Learning Zone (16/163)
- Monday, 9-3:30
- Tuesday, 9-3:30
- Wednesday, 10-5
- Thursday, 9:30-4:30
- Friday, 10-5
- Hours can vary, please check our online schedule
- Tutor Central (Center 211): Writing, GED, ESL, and additional ares
- Tuesday-Thursday: 10-2
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 10-4
- Hours and subjects vary daily; please check our online schedule)
Want to make sure to have time with your tutor?
- Sign up for Zoom-based appointments at lanecc.mywconline.com. (Here's a video about how to register and sign up for appointments: WCOnline instructions
LCC has implemented a vaccination requirement for students who are taking any classes in person. Students who are online/remote only are not subject to this requirement. However, if you are an online/remote only student and plan to come to campus for access to in-person services and support such as in-person advising, in-person counseling, in-person tutoring, and in-person library research assistance you must also meet this requirement. To receive these in-person student support services, you must meet the LCC Vaccine Requirement by submitting a Vaccination Status Reporting Form, and register for “In-Person Student Support” using Winter Term CRN 31558 and Spring Term CRN 41442. This registration has no cost and will not appear on your student transcript.
Online E-tutoring - For support when Lane tutors are unavailable
All students who use a tutor will be asked to add a noncredit, tuition-free CRN# once per term. This allows Lane to receive reimbursement from the state for services provided to students.
Lane hires both current students and non-students for tutoring. Here’s what you need to know to work with us!
Current Students Interested in Tutoring
Requirements for student tutors:
- Have an A or B in any subject you’d tutor in
- Ask two faculty to fill out our brief recommendation form
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours during the terms you work
- Available to work for at least 2-3 terms
- Ability to tutor in multiple subjects/for many classes within the same subject area
Working with us:
- Students work up to approximately 12 hours a week
- Starting salary is $12.75 per hour
- Schedules are set by term and are built around your class and other commitments.
- Our online hours are 9-5 Monday through Friday and 9-8 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. During these hours, tutors generally work remotely in our Zoom support Hub, where we take drop-ins and appointments for one-on-one and group tutoring.
- Starting in Spring 2022, we will also have some open hours on campus in our main campus tutoring centers and possibly some online Saturday hours.
- Drop in to our Support Hub on Zoom to see how it works (and sign up for a tutoring session yourself, if you’re in need).
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail) to find out more about current openings and needs. Our hiring process includes the recommendations listed above and an interview with our staff.
Non-Student Tutors (Classified Staff, Hourly Part-Time)
Non-student tutors should apply through the Lane jobs page (when our position is open). If you don’t see a position listed but feel you’d meet these qualifications and have an interest in working with us, please contact us at email@example.com(link sends e-mail).
Requirements for staff tutors:
- At least two years of tutoring or equivalent education/experience
- An associate’s degree in one of the subjects that we tutor in
- Willing to work both online and on campus, as needed
- Bilingual in Spanish or other world languages taught at Lane
- Ability to tutor in multiple subjects or most courses within the same subject area
- Customer service or other front-desk/welcome center experience
Working with us:
- Staff can work up to approximately 18 hours per week during school terms (including summer)
- The salary range is dependent on experience, but is generally within the range of $16-$24 an hour
- Tutors work remotely in our Support Hub over Zoom or from campus resource centers. Zoom hours are Monday and Friday 9-5 and Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 9-8 p.m., with some potential for Saturday hours in Spring 2022. On-campus hours are 10-2 Monday-Thursday.
- Our hiring process includes an application form and an interview including a short demonstration of a lesson or resource.