Professional Public Safety delivered with care and concern
- Preparation and distribution of the Annual Clery Report
- Reporting Crimes
- Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention
- Domestic Violence Awareness and Prevention
- Issue and track campus access cards
- Monitors the alarm systems for the main and satellite campuses, and manages the keyless-entry system
- Provides after hours entry assistance
- Provide portable battery packs for checkout with two pieces of identification
- Limited Safety Escort Requests
- Monitors parking and enforces vehicle regulations on the main campus
- Crime prevention presentations to various groups or organizations
Lane Community College Public Safety is a collaborative effort between the department and the campus community. The Public Safety Department identifies and investigates crime, safety, security, and disorder problems and involves elements of the campus community to solve these problems. This collaborative effort depends on mutually beneficial relationships between Public Safety, campus community members, and agencies and organizations in the greater community.
LCC Public Safety’s Vision is to preserve a safe education environment through the honorable delivery of professional Public Safety services to all persons
LCC Public Safety’s mission is to promote a safe, secure, and respectful learning environment by providing professional public safety and emergency services
Law Enforcement Authority
College Public Safety Officers (PSO) enforce all federal, state, city and county laws and ordinances on college property. Officers also enforce local policies and regulations.
The officer's authority covers the geographical boundaries of LCC's properties (including land, structures, parking facilities, lots, adjacent streets and roadways). Officers may legally obtain driver identification, vehicle identification, verification of insurance information, and make arrests as a part of their statutory duties.
Contact Public Safety
24/7 Non-Emergency Contact (to reach an officer) - (541) 463-5558
24/7 Emergency - (541) 463-5555
Fax (541) 463-4757
Location: Building 12, Room 201
4000 East 30th Avenue
Eugene, OR 97405
Public Safety officers are on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can be reached by calling (541) 463-5558 for non-emergencies.