At Lane, we encourage our IESL students to continue into college programs and want to support them in the best way possible.
Steps for transitioning from IESL to college credit level:
- Enroll in IESL Level F classes
- Attend a mandatory transition orientation session
- Sign up for a MATH placement test
- Go to the MATH placement test website
- Login using your L Number and birthday
- Click "Make Appointment"
- Select "Placement Test/Retest-Math"
- Click "Find Appointments"
- Select the appointment date and time
- Choose the "Placement Test/Retest-Math" again
- Click "Continue"
- Review appointment information (testing location: Building 1, Room 116)
It is strongly recommended that you study for the MATH placement test by completing the math review sheets and resources provided by Lane. Bring a calculator with you to your testing appointment.
- Meet with an academic advisor and choose classes
- Register for classes in myLane
Important items to know:
- College major students must maintain a full course of study
- 12 credits per term (only 1 online class may count toward a full-time enrollment)
- Classes must be graded or pass/no pass (Audits are not allowed)
- College major students need to make progress toward completing studies
- Pass at least 12 credits per term
- Maintain 2.0 GPA or higher
- You should continue to take writing each term until you complete Writing 121 to help you gain the skills needed to be successful!
- Meet regularly with your academic advisor to be sure you are taking the right classes! Building a 2-year plan is an important first step.
- Successfully complete all three classes of Level F of the IESL Program with passing grades (A, B, and C)
- Final grades of Level F classes along with teacher evaluations determine which credit level writing class students will progress into: WR093/EL113 or WR115
- Drop a class with a refund by Sunday of Week 1
- Pay a bill by the 15th of the first month of the term
- Make a grade change (from a letter grade to pass/no pass) by Friday of Week 8
- Audits are not allowed!
- WR093/EL113 are developmental reading and writing classes
- WR115 is a college-level writing (transferable elective credit)
- WR121 is a college-level writing class (transferable credit and required by 4-year universities
Visual description of Writing Sequence:
- Depends on your major and your placement test results. Please see your advisor!