F-1 visa rules require students to make progress toward their degree. At Lane, this is defined as earning a 2.0 GPA AND completing 12 credits or 20 hours of ESL instruction every term. This process is managed through the Success Program. All Success Program notifications will be communicated via email. Students are responsible for regularly checking their email.
What is the Success Program?
The Success Program encourages students to improve their GPA and class completion through:
- Additional academic advising meetings
- Progress Reports - Credit // Progress Reports - ESL
- Learning better study skills by taking classes such as EL115 and CG100
The Success Program is mandatory for students who have:
- Earned less than a 2.0 GPA or passed less than 12 credits or 20 hours of ESL*
- Been academically disqualified from a previous institution*
* Applies to both ESL and Credit. Applies to previous institutions.
Students who have received notification they are on the success program must:
- Complete 12 credits or 20 hours of ESL
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA every term
- Complete Progress Reports with their faculty and meet with their International Programs advisor no later than week 6 of the term
Students who do NOT meet these requirements may be academically disqualified from Lane.
- Students may not continue to attend Lane once they are academically disqualified.
- Students have 15 business days to transfer to another school or have their SEVIS record terminated.
- Once you are on the Success Program, if you do not meet the requirements of a 2.0 GPA and 12 credits or 20 hours of ESL completion during future terms you may be academically disqualified.
- If you have been disqualified from Lane, you must study at a regionally accredited institution and have 2 terms of good academic standing before you return to Lane.
Students who are placed on the success program or academically disqualified may appeal the decision to the Director of International Programs.
In order to appeal students must complete the Appeal Form by the deadline listed in your email notification.