Web Privacy at Lane Community College
Lane Community College is committed to preserving and maintaining your privacy while visiting our websites. By visiting any of the following websites, you are accepting the practices described in this document:
In order to help diagnose problems with our servers and websites, when you visit one of our pages, we log:
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address
- the page you requested
- the page that referred you to the requested page
- your browser user agent (which contains information about the browser and operating system versions you are using)
- information about the size of your request, if your request was successful, and what time you made the request
We do not link your computer IP address to anything personally identifiable. This means that user sessions may be tracked, but the users will remain anonymous (except when the user has logged into the site).
If you log into one of the listed sites, we also set an authentication cookie. This cookie contains identifying information which allows us to maintain your session with the site.
Other information is collected only if you choose to send it. For example you may complete an online form, leave a blog comment, or send an email.
Use and Disclosure of Collected Information
As noted above, Lane Community College uses the information we collect to tailor site content to user needs, to generate aggregate statistical reports, to help diagnose problems, and otherwise to administer our web sites. At no time do we disclose personally identifiable site usage, except:
- when required to do so by law. When possible, we will attempt to notify you before disclosure, except when prohibited by court order,
- to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person; to address fraud, security, or spam; or to protect our rights or property,
- due to emergency circumstances.
Lane Community College Webmaster
4000 E. 30th Avenue
Eugene, OR 97405
Changes to this Statement
Any non-typographic changes to this policy will be highlighted either through an announcement on our home page at www.lanecc.edu or through an updated note next to the link on the Lane home page in the week following the change. For example:
Privacy (updated 1/1/15)
This policy is effective beginning April 13th, 2015.