Welcome to Academic and Tutoring Services
"Using tutors makes me less anxious, helps me understand math concepts, and gives me new ways to problem solve."
Check the hours of your center of choice for a successful start! Online tutoring is available every day, even on the weekends. Follow the links to eTutoring.
Student Satisfaction Survey
104 students completed the survey last term- thank you! We learned the following:
- 93% of respondents felt welcomed in the centers
- 94% said they gained more confidence in their ability to learn
- 99% of respondents said they will recommend tutoring to their friends
See Us in Person
Choose your subject area from the links to our drop-in academic resource centers on the left, or view a list of all centers.
- Visit early and often--we love learning with you!
Bring syllabi, notes, assignments, and other class material.
- Be willing to try all of our tutors; everyone is different. Download a pdf of the centers.
Get Support Online via Live eTutoring
- eTutoring Schedule
- Free for all Lane students with a current L#.
- Most academic subjects are supported.
- Subject schedules range from 7am - 11pm most days including weekends and between terms.
- Live tutoring (synchronous) and/or messaging (asynchronous) available.
Ninety-seven percent of students who use tutors are either very or somewhat satisfied! Check out what students say about tutoring on our video page.
Casey Reid - Academic and Tutoring Services Lead Coordinator
If you need support or assistance because of a disability, you may be eligible for academic accommodations through Center for Accessible Resources. For more information, contact Center for Accessible Resources at (541) 463-5150 (voice) or (541) 463-3079 (TTY), or stop by Building 1, Room 218.
All students who use a tutor will be asked to add a non-credit, tuition-free CRN# once per term. This allows Lane to receive reimbursement from the state for services provided to students.