Welcome to Tutoring Services
Join us for games, prized and snacks at our Tutoring Services CARNIVAL! April 18, 11:30-1:30 in CENTER 2nd floor to familiarize yourself with with academic assistance, including online.
"Tutoring matters because it helps me learn." ~ LCC student
Check the hours of your center of choice for a successful start! Online tutoring is available every day, even on the weekends. Follow the links to eTutoring.
Student Satisfaction Survey
104 students completed the survey last term- thank you! We learned the following:
- 93% of respondents felt welcomed in the centers
- 94% said they gained more confidence in their ability to learn
- 99% of respondents said they will recommend tutoring to their friends
Face to Face Drop in Centers:
Choose your subject area from the links to our drop-in tutor centers on the left, or view a list of all centers. Be willing to try all of our tutors; everyone is different. Download a pdf of the centers.
- Free for all Lane students with a current L#
- Most academic subjects are supported
- Subject schedules range from 7am - 11pm most days including weekends and between terms
- Live tutoring (synchronous and/or messaging (asynchronous) available
97% of students who use tutors are either very or somewhat satisfied! Check out what students say about tutoring on our video page.
- Avoid Procrastination
- Don't be afraid to ask for help, we all need it for something.
- Visit tutor centers early and often for maximum success!
- Remember, learning is NOT a spectator sport
Liz Coleman-Tutoring Services Coordinator
If you need support or assistance because of a disability, you may be eligible for academic accommodations through Center for Accessible Resources. For more information, contact Center for Accessible Resources at (541) 463-5150 (voice) or (541) 463-3079 (TTY), or stop by Building 1, Room 218.
All attending tutored students will be asked to add a non-credit, tuition-free CRN# once per term. This allows Lane to receive reimbursement from the state for services provided to students.