Once you are a student at Lane, International Programs will work with you to help you maintain your F-1 status. Please see our Immigration Policies section for more details.
Once you have received a Lane I-20, you must attend Lane for at least one term before you will be eligible to transfer your I-20. Students requesting an I-20 transfer prior to attending Lane will have their SEVIS record terminated.
For Transfer Students within the USA:
- If you have under a 2.0 GPA or have been academically disqualified from your current institution, you will need to enter Lane on the Success Program.
- The Success Program is not available in summer term. Students who are not eligible to return to their current institution or who are on probation will not be eligible for summer term start.
- If you are currently in the United States on an F-1 visa and your I-20 has been terminated, you cannot transfer your I-20 to Lane. You must leave the US and re-enter on a new initial I-20 from Lane.
- Students who have an overall 2.0 GPA in addition to completing at least 12 credits with a C- or higher AND a course equivalent to Writing 87 or higher with a C- or better may qualify to waive testing. You will be notified at check in and placement testing if you qualify.
- Students who have entered the USA on another school's I-20, but have not attended that school are not eligible to transfer to Lane until they complete 1 term at their current school.
- Credits transferred to Lane must be from a school that is regionally accredited.