The Bursar’s Office is here to support students through the process of paying for college. Some of the services the Bursar's Office provides include:
- Student billing and the collection of tuition and fees
- Organizing payment plans
- Credit Policy and Titan Store Charging Process
- Managing billing for sponsored accounts
- Provide information about student accounts and collection accounts
- Processing student refunds and wire transfers; and
- Issuing Form 1098-T (Tuition tax forms) to students.
- Collection Accounts Information
- Methods to pay your current account or past due account - If you have an account that is at collections then payment may only be made at through the collection agency, not at Lane directly. You can find contact information in your myLane account when you attempt to pay online there.
- Financial Responsibility Agreements
- College Account Payment Plans
- Refund Request Information and Form
- 1098T Instructions for Student
PayPath Card Payments
Lane Community College is making a change to credit and debit card payments for student accounts. This service is through our third-party partnership with TouchNet, via their PayPath service.
TouchNet PayPath is certified compliant with credit card security regulations, ensuring continued protection of your financial data when processing credit card payments.
You will be assessed a non-refundable convenience fee of 2.85% on the transaction amount ($3.00 minimum) for using the service. This fee offsets the credit card transaction fees charged by the credit card companies. Lane Community College does not control this fee nor does the college receive the proceeds from this service.
TouchNet PayPath Payment Methods:
- Credit and Debit Card - Credit cards permitted include American Express, Discover, Visa, and MasterCard. Card payments can only be made online using TouchNet PayPath and include a convenience fee of 2.85% on the transaction amount ($3.00 minimum).
- Electronic Check - Electronic check payments (ACH) are available without a fee assessment.
Q: Why is the service fee 2.85%? How was that percentage established?
The service fee of 2.85% and/or $3 minimum is the amount established by the credit card processor, TouchNet PayPath Service. This fee covers the credit card transaction fees charged by the credit card companies.
Q: Do other colleges and universities charge a service fee for credit card transactions?
Yes, an increasing number of schools are collecting service or convenience fees for credit/debit card transactions. These fees offset the merchant fees imposed by the credit card companies. This allows us to continue to offer the service of credit card payments.
Q: How can I pay my student account and avoid the service fee?
You may make payment via electronic check (ACH) or paper check and not incur the service fee. Mailed and in-person check payments are still an option.
Q: If a credit card payment is made in error, will the service fee be refunded?
The service fee is non-refundable, even if the payment to which it relates is canceled, refunded, credited, or charged back.
Q: Will the service fee that I am charged show on my student account?
No. The service fee is charged by a third-party company, TouchNet, and it will not show on your student account or statement.
Q: How will this appear on my credit card statement?
You will see two separate transactions on your credit card statement: one for the student account payment, and one for the service fee.