Join the Early College program at Lane to get a jump start on college! Follow the steps below to get started.
Parents - please do not complete any step for your student.
Early College students take classes either online or on a Lane Community College campus before graduating from an Oregon High School.
Complete Online Application
Welcome to Lane! Start by submitting your application at least six business days before the start of your session.
Once you complete your application, you'll receive a confirmation email. You can then log into the admissions portal to check the status of your application and see your next steps. Once your application has been processed, you'll receive your L Number (Student ID Number) and student email.
You'll need your L Number to complete the rest of the admissions steps. If you run into any trouble, or have any questions, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Choose the "Earn a Degree Application"
- Click "No" to federal financial aid (FAFSA) during your first term
- Choose "I am a high school student taking classes before high school graduation" program of study option.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Social Security Number, if you plan to apply for Financial Aid in the future
- A personal (non-school) email address of your own. Do not use an email address of a parent.
If you are being sponsored, your deadline may be earlier than Lane's deadlines. Please talk to your high school about their expectations.
For winter, submit your application before 9:00 am on Wednesday, January 10th.
Submit a FERPA form
- If you are being sponsored by your high school, please list your high school's name; not a person
- Make it valid until you graduate high school
- This form cannot be filled out by the parent
- Upload a picture ID (student body card, permit, driver's license accepted)
- Please release information about Academics and Student Accounts.
You will need your L Number and myLane password to log into the form.
Determine Placement Level
If you're going to be registering for a math course, a writing course, or a course with a prerequisite, you'll need to prove your writing level before advising and registration.
Complete Academic Advising with the HSC Advisor
If you need more guidance on what classes to take or have questions, please reach out to the High School Connections Advisor, Brenda Williams. You will talk about:
- Responsibilities of being a dual enrolled college student
- Understand policies at Lane
- Look at recommended classes by program
Register for Classes and get Textbooks
That's it, you're ready to register! Now it's time to register for your classes in myLane and get your textbooks.
WHAT YOU NEED
- The CRNs you'll be registering for