Mental Health Counseling Services
The Mental Health and Wellness Center (MHWC) provides programming and supports surrounding mental health services. If you're a current LCC student, we are happy to provide you with mental health clinical counseling as well as crisis support. You can make long or short term individual appointments with a clinician, or participate in the below support groups and workshops. All services are confidential and free of charge.
To make an appointment with the MHWC, call or email us at (541) 463-5920 and MHWC@lanecc.edu. Please see our contact information at the bottom of the page for our hours.
View Recording for - Meghan Caughey, MFA
Shares a personal journey of navigating a serious psychiatric diagnosis and how college counselors and staff made the difference in the path to healing.
View Recording for - Robert Noble, LMFT
Covers specific issues that face the LGBTQ+ population and how they affect mental health, and strategies to reduce stigma and promote mental health.
View Recording for - Elaine Walters, MS
Covers healing trauma as a path towards mental health and well-being including the ways we get hurt, reactions and patterns that are created, and expressive approaches to healing and recovery.
The MHWC offered a series of free student workshops in Fall 2021 in response to the many mental health stressors students are facing. We're happy to provide recordings of those workshops for you to view at your convenience below.
- View recording for Week 2: 10/05/21 Quality Sleep Strategies for Mental Health led by Jean Gipple
- View recording for Week 3: 10/12/21 Mental Health and Relationships 101 led by Mike Meyer
- View recording for Week 4: 10/19/21 TIP Skill (How to Reduce Extreme Emotions Quickly) led by Jean Gipple
- View recording for Week 3, April 15th: Remote Learning and Mental Health
- View recording for Week 4, April 22nd: Being Mindful of your Mental Health
- View recording for Week 5, April 29th: Creating Boundaries for Mental Health Stability
- View recording for Week 6, May 6th: Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Skills for Positive Mental Health
- View recording for Week 7, Take Care of your Mental Health; Increasing Resiliency and Self-Confidence
- View recording for Week 8, May 20th: Understanding Addictions
- View recording for Week 9, May 27th: Managing Stress and Depression Toolkit
- View recording for Week 10, June 3rd: Intrusive Thoughts; Managing Positive Mental Health
Other Supports on Campus
Sexual Respect at LCC
We offer support for those who have experienced sexual harassment and sexual assault. Visit the Sexual Respect webpage for more information and further resources.
Community Advocacy and Resource Education (CARE)
CARE at LCC aims to serve the whole student! Visit CARE's Website. We are here to connect you to basic need to resources to help address any barriers you may be facing that are preventing you from being successful in your academic journey. Every student at LCC is welcome to access CARE services. We can help you apply for public benefits such as SNAP or OHP and help you navigate housing search, childcare, and other basic need resources in the community.