The Early Child Care Business Accelerator program is a 4-month program that focuses on providing the skills and knowledge for persons who intend to become, and persons who already are child care providers, to become licensed registered or certified family home-based providers. This program is offered in English and Spanish.
The Early Child Care Business Accelerator Program is offered at no charge to participants. The program has 8 in-person weekly classroom sessions in three hour blocks (24 hours total), as well as 5 direct business advising sessions (minimum of 5 hours). Participants should also expect to spend 30-40 hours outside the classroom (4-6 hours per week) to get their home-based child care business started.
Persons are expected to attend all classes and coaching sessions in order to be eligible for the $5,000 start-up grant.
This course includes, but is not limited to, the below concepts:
Continuous quality improvement
Understanding how to become licensed
Starting a business 101
Understanding the financials of running a business
Policy and procedure development
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please complete this interest form. This program is scheduled to run from September to December 2023.
Note: The application period has ended. Please check back for information on our next Early Child Care Business Accelerator Program!
The following items must be completed before entering the program. Quality Care Connections is here to support persons in completing these requirements (the following links will open a window in a new page):
- Complete Introduction to Registered Family Child Care Part 1 and Part 2.
- Initiate the Central Background Registry process, for yourself and everyone else in the home over the age of 18.
- Submit home water testing sample
- Verifying that Homeowner's Association (HOA) or rental lease agreement allows for operating child care business out of the home.
- Register for the Early Child Care Business Accelerator Program Registration Opens August 28th, 2023
- Sign the 'Early Child Care Care Business Accelerator Program for Home Based Providers Child Care Provider Agreement'
Contact April-Kay Williams, Quality Improvement Specialist, if you have questions or concerns about meeting the prerequisites.
- Office Phone 541-463-3315
- Cell Phone 541-525-9367
- Email email@example.com
The program requirements must be met during and after the Early Child Care Business Accelerator Program course. You will have support from the Small Business Development Center, Quality Care Connections, and Department of Early Learning and Care to meet these requirements.
- Complete Certifications: First Aid and Pediatric CPR and Food Handlers
- Meet with Licensure agent or pre-inspection
- Complete Business Accelerator course
- Attend all direct advising sessions
- Complete licensing requirements and submit Registered Family or Certified Family License application
- Schedule and pass the Department of Early Learning and Care Health and Safety Inspection
- Register business online with Oregon secretary of State and get a business Tax ID
- Creating a:
- Family Handbook
- Tuition Contract
- Business Plan
- Starting a Child Care Facility
- Business Start-Up & Registration
- The Business Plan & Planning for Children in Your Care
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management and Payroll Taxes
- Facility Management, Risk Management & Preparing for Inspections
- Business Strategies for Success & License Compliance
- jtmf Foundation
- City of Eugene
- Lane Community College
- Lane Small Business Development Center
- Quality Care Connections