Sigma Chi Eta (SCH) is the official community college honor society of the National Communication Association (NCA). Lane’ Beta Delta chapter is the first, and only, Sigma Chi Eta chapter in the state of Oregon.
Sigma Chi Eta Goals
Our goals are to:
- Recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement
- Stimulate interest in the field of communication
- Promote and encourage professional development among communication majors
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas about the field
- Establish and maintain close relationships and understanding between faculty and students
- Explore options for further undergraduate/graduate studies.
Sigma Chi Eta Admission
To be eligible for admission:
- Completed 18 credit ours of course work (at Lane, a transfer institution, or through life-long learning credit)
- Completed 12 credits hours of communication courses
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
If you are eligible and interested in becoming a member, we would love to honor your accomplishments. Complete the application and return it to the LLC office, main campus, Center Building, Room 457.
For more information on Sigma Chi Eta, visit their national web site or email the chapter advisor.
2018-2019 Sigma Induction Ceremony:
Congratulations to Hallie Ford, David Nieto Wenzell, Michael Gillette, Shana Weiland, Amberly Schmit, Scott Carpenter, Dan Good, and not pictured: Bryant Everett, Chad Humbert, Tyler Mitchell, Robyn Nova, and Austin Wheeler.