If you're a current ESL student, and are ready to enroll for credit classes, these are the steps for you.
Complete the required Lane Admissions Application
- The last day to apply for summer term admissions varies according to the summer session you will enroll in. Be sure to complete your application at least 6 business days before the start of your session.
- You must have an email address before completing this online form.
- To verify myLane access you'll need to log into ExpressLane and create a permanent Password and security questions.
WHAT YOU NEED
- an email address
The last day to begin the Steps to Enroll for summer term varies according to the summer session you will enroll in.
The last day to apply for fall term admissions is Wednesday, September 28th.
Apply for Financial Aid
Though this step is optional, you will not be eligible for any federal /state grants unless you complete the FAFSA or ORSAA. Apply early, as it can take 4-12 weeks to process aid once all documents have been received.
Claim Your Student Email and Satisfy the Requirements of LCC’s Vaccination Policy
If you're applying for Summer, after you've claimed your student email account in ExpressLane, we'll email you a link to complete the vaccination status reporting form. This link will be unique to you, so be sure not to share it with anyone else. Find the latest information on our COVID-19 vaccination page.
If you're applying for Fall, there is no need to complete the vaccination status reporting form. But be sure to sign in to ExpressLane to claim your email. This will be the primary email address we use to communicate with you while you’re a student.
Complete your Math Placement
- You do not need to take Reading and Writing placement tests at this time.
- For summer term, the last day to take math placement test is 4 business days before the start of your session.
For summer term, the last day to take math placement test is 4 business days before the start of your session.
For fall term, the last day to take math placement test is Wednesday, September 28th.
Complete New Student Orientation
- You must complete Steps 1 and 3 before completing New Student Orientation.
- Without your Math placement test scores you cannot be properly advised.
New Student Orientations for summer term are ongoing.
The last New Student Orientation for fall will be Wednesday, September 28th.
Register for Classes in myLane
That's it! You're ready to Register!
Check Holds and When I can Register:
To check when you can register, under Enrollment and Student Financial Services Registration & Books, “When Can I Register?”. To check holds, look under Enrollment and Student Financial Services, Student Records, "View Holds". If you have any holds, follow the instructions given on how to remove your holds.
Don't forget to apply for scholarships! The LCC Foundation awards a number of scholarships early each spring.
If you have any questions about academic advising, contact your ESL academic advisor by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (541) 463-3016 or contact the Academic Advising Referral Center at (541) 463-3800.
If you have questions about the Steps to Enroll or getting started at Lane in general, please contact the Office of Admissions at (541) 463-5678 or email them at email@example.com!