The world of tourism and business is everywhere and all around us. The U.S. and Australia are two of the most visited countries in the world, Students who elect this pathway will have the education and skills to enter the business and/or hospitality work force after completing their program. You will spend two years in the beginning your studies at Lane before making your way down under for your last two!
About University of Sunshine Coast
USC is a modern, fast-growing public university, located in Sippy Downs on the beautiful Sunshine Coast in Queensland. It has been ranked as one of the best public universities in Australia for the overall quality of its educational experience. Lane and the University Sunshine Coast's partnership offers students a choice between completing a degree in general business or a Business degree with a Tourism, Leisure and Event management focus in Australia after 2 years at Lane!
- Five-star education and high student satisfaction
- Excellent academic and student support services
- Great campus experience with 90% Australian students; the remainder represent more than 70 different nationalities
- World-class facilities and resort-style student
- Accommodations located next to campus
The Sunshine Coast is an ideal location for exploring Australia!
- A premier tourism destination and base for exploring Australia’s big cities, the Outback, or the Tropics
- 100-hectare campus is a wildlife reserve, home to Australian native species including kangaroos
- Public transportation provides easy access to local beaches, shopping centers, restaurants, and nightlife
- Just 20 km (13 miles) from the Sunshine Coast Airport with direct flights to Sydney (1.5 hours) and Melbourne (2.5 hours)
Lane advisers will meet with you throughout your first two years to plan and ensure that you are on track to complete your Associate of Science Oregon Transfer Degree: Business (ASOT Business) or Associate of Applied Science: Business Management (AAS Business Management) in two years for transfer to USC's general business program. To use the AAS Business Management, you will also need to complete Math 243 and have a GPA of 3.0 or higher. We will also guide you throughout the application process to the University Sunshine coast and help you get your visa.
- Completed application to the University Sunshine Coast by the required deadline in your second year including academic transcript.
- Completion of Associates of Science Oregon Transfer - Business degree from Lane (See Coursework for specific class requirements).
- Non-native English students do NOT need an official English test to enroll at University Sunshine Coast. Completion of Lane degree will serve as proof of English proficiency.
Coursework- Bachelor of Business
Lane Community College
Students must meet the requirements for completion of and graduation from the Associate of Science Oregon Transfer Degree: Business (ASOT –Business) program prior to commencing study at USC. To receive the full credit, the following courses must have been completed as part of the program:
- ECON201 Principles of Economics: Microeconomics
- ECON202 Principles of Economics: Macroeconomics
- BA101 Introduction to Business
- BA206 Management Fundamentals
- BA223 Marketing
- BA211 Financial Accounting
- BA213 Decision Making with Accounting
- CIS120 Concepts of Computing: Information Processing
Students who have not included the above courses in their program should contact USC for an individual assessment and may not be eligible to receive a full 12 courses of credit.
Courses to be completed at USC
Introductory courses (1) 12 units
BUS101 Business Analytics
Developing and Graduate courses (2) 24 units
BUS203 Business Law and Ethics
BUS320 Corporate Governance and Social Responsibility
Elective courses (9) 108 units
Select 9 (108 units) developing and graduate level (200/300 coded) courses be from the USC
Cost of Attendance
Lane Community College (Estimate based on a 9-month academic year)
|Tuition and Fees:||$10,500 USD|
|Books & Living Expenses:||$8,900 USD|
|Health Insurance:||$1,200 USD|
|Total Estimated Costs Per Academic Year:||$20,600 USD|
Note: This is an estimate for one year at approximately 15 credits per term, Fall, Winter and Spring. Students in this program will be at Lane for two years at this cost.
University of the Sunshine Coast (Estimate based on 10-month academic calendar)
|Tuition and Fees:||$16,500 USD|
|Living Expenses:||$8,500 USD|
|Insurance and Social Security:||$709 USD|
|Total Estimated Costs per Academic Year:||$25,709 USD|
Benefits of 2+2 with University of the Sunshine Coast
Participating in a Global Pathways program will not only change how you view the world, but there are many practical advantages as well!
- Save money compared to many other traditional 2+2 transfer options in the U.S.
- Deepen your global perspective by experiencing North American and Australian cultures.
- All classes taught in English.
- Expand your network of resources and references across the U.S. and Australia.
- Travel to other nearby Australian attractions during times off from class!
- Employers look favorably on international experience