Creating the Life You Want Workshops:
These sessions are being provided by the Counseling Center to support student success.
- Creating a Schedule that Works -
Wed. Jan. 13th, 9:00 am
- Creating a Schedule that Works -
Wed, Jan. 13th, 4:00 pm
- Emotional Intelligence -
Tues, Jan. 19th, 9:00 am
- Managing Stress -
Wed Jan. 20th, 9:00 am
- Setting Goals and Understanding Motivation -
Wed., Jan. 20th, 4:00 pm
- Living your Values -
Mon. Jan. 25th, 9:00 am
Preparing for Finals Workshops:
Know what you need to know then apply these action steps:
- Make a detailed plan in your planning tools
- Organize your course materials and study tools
- Develop a study plan
- Carry through with your plan
- Remember the basics of self-care
- Preparing for Finals - Mon. Mar. 1st, 4:00 pm
- Preparing for Finals - Wed. Mar. 3rd, 3:30 pm
- Preparing for Finals - Mon. Mar. 8th, 8:30 am
- Preparing for Finals - Wed. Mar. 10th, 3:30 pm
- Preparing for Finals - Thurs. Mar. 11th, 4:00 pm
Making Wise Choices (MWC):
This workshop will provide you with sound advice to make the best decisions regarding your grading options.
Learn about the following:
- How to estimate your term Grade Point Average
- Potential consequences of dropping, auditing, or changing your grading options
- Academic Alert System for credit students
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Standards for students using Financial Aid
This will help you make wise choices before the final day to make Grading or Schedule changes for this term by February 26th, 2021.
- MWC - Thurs. Feb. 18th, 11:30 am to 1:00 pm
- MWC - Thurs. Feb. 25th, 10:30 am to 12:00 noon
- MWC - Fri. Feb. 26th, 9:00 am to 10:30 am
Fall, Winter and Spring Term Availability:
Monday through Friday (8am–5pm)
Summer Term availability (through August):
Monday-Thursday (9am-5pm) * Personal Counseling services are limited. We will do our best to accommodate needs and make referral to community services when appropriate. The college is closed on most Fridays during the summer.
Currently, we are working remotely. Please access the link below titled "Counseling Appointment" for counseling availability and scheduling.
The Counseling Center staff want Lane students to know we will be available to support you throughout this uncertain time. We are doing all we can to provide no cost and confidential remote delivery of services through the following means:
- Counseling Appointment (Online via Zoom) between 8am - 4pm
- Main Campus: Building 1, Room 103
- Phone: 541-463-3600
- Email: CounDept@lanecc.edu
- Moodle: Instruction
Crisis & Community Counseling Resources (select this link for services available in the community)
Our Mission: Retention Counselors proactively provide support that leads to student success and retention. We foster meaningful connections contributing to clearer academic and career direction, as well as increased confidence, self-advocacy, and motivation. Counselors empower students to recognize and overcome internal and external barriers in order to reach their education and career goals. Access, equity, and inclusion principles help us prioritize our efforts.
Personal, Academic, and Retention Counseling: We provide counseling and resource referrals for students with academic or personal concerns impacting their ability to reach short term and long term goals.
Career Counseling: Through individual counseling, we help students to clarify their interests, strengths, values, and goals; explore majors and career fields; and develop a vision for their future and next steps.