Placement Testing Information
Most applicants must take the Accuplacer Classic placement test prior to enrolling in classes. This is an untimed test consisting of reading (Reading Comprehension), grammar (Sentence Skills), and mathematics (Arithmetic, Elementary Algebra, and/or College-Level Math).
Lane Community College allows placement testing in reading and writing twice every six months, and for math, twice in each section every three months. For a full set of frequently asked questions - Placement Testing FAQ.
- Oregon high school students with Smarter Balanced statewide assessment test results in English Language Arts and Mathematics may be able to receive a waiver from taking the required Lane Community College Placement tests if they meet certain criteria. Smarter Balanced information.
- If you are out of the Lane area, but still plan to attend Lane Community College you can take a Virtual test from home, or test at another remote location. Virtual Testing information.
- If you need to cancel or view a testing date, you can access the Scheduling Tool.
Steps to take the test
- Before you sign up for the test: apply online to Lane Community College to become a Lane student. After completing your online admissions, you will receive an email with your Lane ID number (L#). Once you have received your L#, you will be able to register online for the test.
- Preparing for the tests: Study first - It is important to give yourself time to review before taking your placement tests. It could save you time and money! (See Study Resources below).
- Schedule testing appointment: Make your appointment as early as possible, but only after you have completed your admissions and received your L#. Placement testing starts at 9:30 AM and 1:30 PM. Schedule test here.
Note: Testing deadlines are available in the Lane Community College "Steps To Enroll". If you do not test by the cutoff date, you will likely need to plan on enrolling the next term.
If you would have difficulty making the 9:30 AM or 1:30 PM testing slots, please contact us at email@example.com to discuss other options.
The Testing Office is located in Building 1, Room 116 at Lane Community College Main Campus, 4000 East 30th Avenue, Eugene, Or.
- Sessions: Everyone in the room will be taking the test at the same time; there will be no other testing programs in the room. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your testing time (9:15 or 1:15, respectively).
- Bring your L# and Photo ID: In order to test, you will need to have access to your L# and have on hand a Photo ID. All other testing materials (e.g., pencil, scratch paper) will be provided. Use of personal calculators is prohibited, Accuplacer will provide a pop up calculator on select questions.
Acceptable forms of ID:
* A current driver's license
* A state-approved ID
* A high school ID
* A college ID
* A current state or federal ID card
* A current passport
* A tribal ID card
* A naturalization card or certification of citizenship
- After testing, you will be asked to present your Photo ID, after which your scores will be provided to you on an Individual Score Report, which will include placement information. Testing scores will be uploaded into myLane multiple times a day, but may not be available immediately after testing.
If you are a new student, you will need to return to the the Community College "Steps To Enroll", and complete Steps 4 and 5.
Here are some Study Resources:
- General Review: Preparing for Accuplacer
- General Review: Download the Accuplacer Web-Based Study App.
- General Review: Study the Accuplacer Sample Questions (PDF)
- Practice Tests: LearningExpress for Accuplacer
- Math Review: Read the Math Placement Test Preparation resource
- Math Review: Math Review Sheets.
- Math Review: If you do not have a Moodle account, the LCC math department has created an alternative Math Placement Prep website for math review.
If you need assistance, contact Testing at: TestingOffice@lanecc.edu.