Welcome new Lane students! If you completed prior college credits after completing high school/earning a GED, please review the information below.
Before completing your New Student Orientation Advising Session with your Advising Team:
- Make sure you have applied for admissions to Lane and completed course placement if applicable via our Steps to Enroll. If you need help with the Steps to Enroll, please contact Admissions.
- If you have not completed a writing composition course with a grade C- or higher at a previous college, your next step before you meet with your Advising Team is to complete the writing course placement.
- If you have not completed a college level math course with a grade C- or higher within the last two years, AND you need to take math at Lane, complete the math course placement.
Then, please submit a copy of your unofficial college or AP/IB transcripts to your Advising Team so they can best advise you on your first term of enrollment. If you plan to earn a degree or certificate from Lane, please submit official transcripts to Enrollment Services as well.
If you are unsure of your Academic Advising team, please contact the Advising Department.
- New Student Orientation Advising Sessions will not be held in person until further notice.
- Summer term 2022 classes begin Monday, June 20th, 2022. The last day to apply summer term varies according to the summer session you will enroll in.
- Fall term 2022 classes begin on Tuesday, September 27th, 2022. You have until Wednesday, September 28th, 2022 before 4:00 pm to complete all of your steps to enroll. We strongly recommended completing your New Student Orientation and register for all classes before week 1 of fall term begins. If you're starting in fall, you'll need to register for your orientation.
- After you complete your New Student Orientation Advising Session with your Advising Team, your next step will be to register for classes in myLane!
- Please review additional advising information to help you register for classes.
If you have further questions or concerns, contact the Advising Department.