Steps to Enroll for ESL Students Becoming Credit Students
Deadline to complete all Steps to Enroll for Spring is April 8th.
Congratulations and welcome ESL students! We're happy you have chosen to enroll as a credit student at Lane. By following these Steps to Enroll, you will continue to fulfill your academic dreams!
The last day to begin the Steps to Enroll for summer term varies according to the summer session you will enroll in. The last day to apply for spring term admissions is April 8th.
Remember, when you enroll early, your chances of getting the classes you need increase. So please do not wait until the last minute to enroll. And consider your timing – completing the steps may take 4-10 days.
Step 1: Complete the required Lane Admissions Application
- The last day to apply for summer term admissions varies according to the summer session you will enroll in. Be sure to complete your application at least 6 business days before the start of your session.
- The last day to apply for spring term admissions is April 8th.
- You must have an email address before completing this online form.
- To verify myLane access you'll need to log into myLane and create a permanent Password and security questions.
Step 2: Apply for Financial Aid
Though this step is optional, you will not be eligible for any federal grants unless you complete the FAFSA. Apply early, as it can take 4-12 weeks to process aid awards once all documents have been received.
Step 3: Complete your Math Placement Testing
- You do not need to take Reading and Writing placement tests at this time.
- For summer term, the last day to take math placement test is 4 business days before the start of your session.
- For spring term, the last day to take the math placement test is Wednesday, April 8th.
Step 4: Schedule a required Start Right Advising session
- You must complete Steps 1 and 3 before attending your Start Right Advising session.
- Without your Math placement test scores you cannot be properly advised.
- Start Right Advising sessions for summer term are ongoing. The last Start Right Advising session for Spring will be Wednesday, April 8th.
Step 5: Register for Classes in myLane
That's it! You're ready to Register!
Under the myEnrollment tab, choose the "When Can I Register? and View Holds" link to be sure you are cleared to register. If you have any holds, follow the instructions given on how to remove your holds.
Don't forget to apply for scholarships! The LCC Foundation awards a number of scholarships early each spring.
If you have any questions about academic advising, contact your ESL academic advisor, Maria Metcalf by email at ESLadvisor@lanecc.edu or by phone at (541) 463-3016 or contact the Academic Advising Referral Center at (541) 463-3800.