Director's Message: Spring is Here!
Spring is often associated with growth, renewal and hope in human experience. The harsh chill of winter gives way to the warmth of a new season, as the world wakes up and creatures everywhere celebrate new possibilities.
This can be a season of growth for you, too! Join us at the Florence Center this term where you will find your old favorites coupled with some exciting new opportunities:
- Feel like dancing? Try our new Blues Fusion Dance class on Saturday afternoons.
- Florence Center now has an on-site math teacher! Lucinda Longo is teaching the credit math cluster program -- MTH 60, MTH 65 and MTH 95 -- on Monday and Wednesday evenings.
- Our exceptional slate of Outward Ventures includes an Edible Sweet Creek Hike that you won't want to miss.
- The phenomenal ACES -- Adult Continuing Education Series -- is offering a Winston Churchill course, in addition to the continuing program, Philosophy of the Mind, Part II.
- Our "Aging Well" series from PeaceHealth includes an informative session on Community-Based Palliative Care.
- Carrie Newell, LCC's popular marine biologist, is back with General Biology: Sea Birds and Mammals, which can be taken as credit or non-credit, and includes an immersion weekend in Depoe Bay.
This list merely scratches the surface! Dive on in to the spring credit and non-credit schedules and decide today how you want to spend your season of growth. I hope you will join us soon here at the Florence Center.