Dean's Message: The Autumn Leaves
Fall in Oregon is usually especially beautiful and especially apparent: darkness comes earlier as the evenings grow cooler and crisper. And both the young—and the young at heart!—head back to school.
I hope you will join us at the Florence Center as this "new year" of possibility begins in earnest:
- Fitness can be fun! We've got several classes you'll enjoy—including a brand new PE187M Latin Dancing class that both our credit and continuing education students will enjoy. Continuing ed openings are subject to availability.
- We also have great options for our Art students this fall. Our ever-popular community of clay students will keep on creating functional works of art in our continuing ed class, but we also have a new class, ART250 Ceramics: Hand Building, that will enable our credit students to fulfill what is a requirement for most of our academic programs.
- Our credit-based "math cluster" class is live and on site once again—MTH 60, MTH 65 and MTH 95 students, rejoice!
- Our Outward Ventures is adding a new twist to the Shore Acres Holiday Light Show you won't want to miss—an educational tour of the nearby Stillwagon Distillery.
- The Adult Continuing Education Series team (ACES)—is including The Skeptic’s Guide to American History in their offerings.
- Carrie Newell, LCC's popular marine biologist, is back with GS101 General Science: Nature of the Northwest—it is going to be awesome.
There is much more, of course. Check out our course offerings online, or even better—come by and meet us at the Florence Center.
We are this community's community college!