PMP® Exam Prep Course with Practice Exam
Lane Continuing Education will offer a 35-hour, accelerated PMP® Exam Prep Course at least twice per year, in mid spring and fall. This course will be offered virtually (details below).
If you still have questions after reading this page, call our office at (541) 463-6100 and ask for the Project Management Coordinator.
PMP® Exam Prep Course is designed to prepare students to take and pass the Project Management Institute PMP® exam. The class introduces important advanced PMI PMBOK® Edition 5 topics including Earned Value Analysis, CPM and financial analysis while covering all 9 PMI PMBOK® knowledge areas. The course takes attendees through the initiating, planning, execution, controlling and closing processes and uses group exercises as a hands-on approach to reinforce key concepts.
The course integrates PMP® Certification Prep sessions that introduce attendees to the form of the PMP test and gives practical tips, memory joggers and best-practice advice on effective test taking, recommended study materials and methods. Practice tests are included and build to a final, complete PMP® practice test that builds individual confidence and experience leading to successful attainment of the PMP® designation.
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the end of PMP® Exam Prep Course, students will be able to:
- Understand concepts in effective project initiating, planning, estimating and execution.
- Understand the PMI® PMBOK format, organization and processes.
- Understand the knowledge areas and how they interact in project planning and execution.
- Know how to set up a change control process.
- Understand how to manage change requests.
- Know what activities go on during the Execution Phase of a Project.
- Know what activities are associated with the Controlling Processes associated with a project.
- Be able to interpret Project Performance reports.
- Understand and be able to use Earned Value Analysis.
- Know the format of the PMP Cert test.
- Be able to develop an effective study plan for taking and passing the PMP test.
Students will receive:
- a digital PMP® Prepare Manual,
- PMI® PMP® Certification Prep materials and 1000 practice questions,
- Student exercise files
Virtual Instructor Led Training
All LCC Continuing Education Project Management classes are offered virtually, and are instructor led (VILT, Virtual Instructor Led Training). This means you will log into a live class at the same time each week.
For the best experience in a virtual classroom, you will need a laptop, notebook, or PC with:
- A solid, reliable WIFI connection
- a webcam,
- a built in microphone, and
You may also use a headset with a microphone function instead of built-in speakers and mic.
Learn more about taking a class virtually using Adobe Connect, from our PM Instructor, Jim O’Donnell.
- LCC Project Management Classes
- LCC Project Management Training Certificate (not to be confused with PMI® Certification)
- Project Management Institute® Certification Process
- Willamette Valley PMI Chapter