LANE HEALTH CLINIC NO SHOW POLICY
It is the patient's responsibility to notify the Health Clinic office by calling (541) 463-5665 at least 24 hours in advance of their scheduled appointment.
If you miss three scheduled appointments within a 6-month time frame without notifying the office 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment time, the Health Clinic will alter how requests for future appointments will be handled. During the period after your third "no-call/no-show" appointment and for the next 180 days:
Step 1: For the first 90 days following the third "no-call/no-show" appointment, the patient will only be seen with a "standby" appointment. This means that in order to receive treatment the patient will have to wait in the reception room of the Health Clinic for an opening in a providers' schedule that day. There is no guarantee the the patient will be seen on the day of your standby appointment. Stand-by patients may have to return additional days until our schedule will accommodate the standby appointment. Additionally, that visit will be brief. We will not delay scheduled patients who show up on time in order to accommodate patients waiting on standby.
Step 2: For the next 90 days, patients will be allowed to schedule regular appointments again. However, during this 90 day period, any no-call/no-show appointments will result in the patient being immediately returned to standby appointments only status for another 90 days, starting the 180 day period over again.
The goal of this policy is to assure that the Health Clinic providers are able to treat as many patients as possible each day. This allows us to provide the largest benefit to all eligible students and staff. By implementing this policy, we believe we honor patients who schedule and keep their appointments.
Patient Rights and Responsibilities as a patient at the LCC Health Clinic
- You have the right to considerate, respectful care.
- You have the right to have us explain diseases, treatment, and results in an easy-to-understand way.
- You have the right to expect that all communications and records about your health care will be treated as confidential, respectful of legal requirements.
- You have the right to refuse treatment, as permitted by law, and to be informed of the medical consequences of that action.
- You have the right to voice any concern or complaints that arise, without fear, regarding your health care with your provider or a staff member.
- You have the right to receive nondiscriminatory care regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
- You have the right to involve yourself or your family in any aspect of your care.
- Give your provider, clinic staff, and fellow patients respect and consideration. This includes no shouting, threats, cursing, or violence of any kind.
- Provide complete, accurate, honest information about your health so that the staff can give you the best health care possible.
- Keep your scheduled appointments or reschedule those appointments in advance.
- Follow through with your care plan, including follow-up appointments, labs, and completing medications. Be sure you leave every visit with a clear understanding of expectations, treatment goals and future plans.
- Let us know if you are unable to take your medicine or follow through with your care plan.
- Discuss your concerns with the provider or a staff member should problems arise.
- Treat the staff and clients/patients in the Clinic without discrimination regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender orientation, national origin or age.
- Be active in your health care decisions. This includes involving your family and/or other trusted adults in any aspect of care that you feel would benefit your care.
- Understand that your lifestyle choices affect your personal health.
- Give us feedback so we can improve our services.
Medical Record Confidentiality
Prescription Refill Requests
Prescription Refill Requests will be refilled within 2 days of receipt of the request. For example, a request received on Monday will be completed before the close of business on Wednesday. A request on Friday will be completed before the close of business on Tuesday. Refill requests will be completed without you having to schedule an appointment except at the discretion of the provider. If you need to request a refill of a:
- Prescription obtained from a pharmacy, please call the pharmacy to request the refill. The pharmacy will forward the request to us by fax.
- Medication you received through Patient Assistance, please follow the instructions given to you at the time of your application. If you have misplaced that information or have questions regarding patient assistance medications, please call the clinic at 463-5665 with the following information: Your name, state that it is a patient assistance medication, name of the medication, name of the manufacturer of the medication, the amount of the medication you are taking and the name of the provider who prescribed it to you.
We accept checks, cash, or offer the convenience of placing the charge on your Lane account where you can pay using a credit card.
It is very important to us to provide high quality care in a timely and efficient manner to all eligible LCC students and staff. It is difficult for us to meet this goal when patients repeatedly fail to keep scheduled appointments without notifying us. We understand that occasionally, unforeseen circumstances occur that make it difficult to keep an appointment. In those instances we would very much appreciate, whenever possible, 24 hours notice of your need to cancel or reschedule an appointment. Failure to notify us in advance means that your appointment time cannot be used for another patient. As a result someone who needs care may not be seen. Please be courteous to other patients and cancel your appointment rather than simply missing it. We may ask you to reschedule your appointment if you are 10 minutes late.
We look forward to meeting your healthcare needs. If you have questions about this policy or other questions/concerns regarding the LCC Health Clinic, please contact the Health Clinic Manager, LCC Health Clinic, (541) 463-5665.