Accident Reporting




Health and Safety


College Services


(541) 463-5310

Primary Contact

Brian Kelly

Contact Email


All accidents occurring on college property that do not involve an employee of the college are reported on an Accident Report Form provided by College Services or departmental offices on campus. For accidents involving employees, see Occupational Injuries and Illnesses.

The form is completed in full after an accident and transmitted to the Office of Emergency and Risk Management in building 3. The report must be completed by the person having the accident or by the staff member in charge of the area or activity. Copies of the report are distributed according to the distribution plan shown on the form.

The information on the report is used to identify and correct unsafe conditions and to ensure that both the proper care to the injured and the appropriate administrative response occur after an accident. Information is also required for insurance purposes, handled by the College Services Office. Questions on the completion of the form (or the applicability of the form to a particular accident) should be referred to the Emergency and Risk Management Coordinator (541) 463-5503.

Date Adopted

Saturday, May 1, 1999

Date Last Reviewed

Tuesday, December 1, 2015