Lane’s Equity Lens - Introduction
In 2016 Lane’s Diversity Council made a commitment to facilitating the development of an Equity Lens for Lane in collaboration with stakeholders from across the college. As part of the planning for development of the Equity Lens, the employees of the college were invited to participate in an Employee Experience Survey to identify initial areas of focus. To see the report of aggregated data from the survey, please see the Employee Survey Report.
An additional part of the planning process involved Diversity Council members researching other Equity Lens models already in use. Below you can find links to the models we considered:
- Multnomah County Equity and Empowerment Lens
- City of Toronto Equity Lens
- City of Ottawa Equity and Inclusion Lens Handbook
- Oregon Opportunity Network Racial Equity Lens
- Portland Public Schools Racial Equity Lens
- Higher Education Coordinating Commission HECC Oregon Equity Lens
Lane’s Equity Lens will focus on three primary areas: Access, Equity, and Inclusion. Previously adopted plans for Equity Lens Implementation work can be found here: Diversity Plan.