How to Sponsor a Student
What are the costs?
Sponsoring school districts and/or the students are responsible for all tuition, student fees, class fees, and textbook costs. For current tuition costs and fee information see College Tuition, Fees and Payments.
Additional Costs for the Sponsor
$20 sponsor fee per student, per term
How to Save on Textbook Costs?
If you are paying for your own textbooks, look into used textbooks, ebooks, renting, and classes that are using Open Education Resources (OER) materials. The term class schedule will identify classes as OER.
What do the high school/school districts need to do if they will sponsor a student?
- Make sure each sponsored student completes all the RTEC Admission Steps.
- Contact the HSC advisor with names of students and their L#s
- Every term, set up a Sponsored Accounts (see forms) for your students before the end of the first week of classes. Submit a copy to the HSC Advisor.
- If you want to help buy textbooks and/or supplies from the Titan Store, submit a Titan Store credit application every term to the following 3 people
- Brenda, HSC Advsior: email@example.com
- Dave: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sheryl: email@example.com
- Have a written contract with the student/family describing what happens if the student:
- fails or earns a Pass or No Pass grade
- drops after the refund deadline
- the student doesn't meet Lane's Academic Progress Standards and goes on academic warning
- how many credits and the amount of fees will the district pay for