Keep learning while your school is closed!
While you may be stuck at home, it doesn't mean your education needs to stop! The High School Connections department is ready to help you continue your studies and give you a jump start on your college program.
Brenda Williams, our HSC advisor, can help you
- get the information your High School will want from you, and help you pick the right courses. Some high schools may even accept Lane classes for high school credit! Brenda will help make sure you’re on the right track.
- learn which courses will transfer to a college or university
- choose classes that can apply to Lane programs
What you need to know
- Complete RTEC Admissions steps by 2pm on Friday, April 3rd
- Tuition and fees apply - we have payment plans available in your myLane
- These are NOT College Now courses. You will only have until April 12th to drop with a 100% refund
- All spring classes are taught remotely (April 6th-June 13th). You’ll want to learn both Moodle and Zoom before your classes start, to ensure you’re prepared for your courses. Don’t worry - both are free, and if you’re not familiar, we’ll provide some resources so you’ll be prepared before classes start.
Classes to consider
- Anthropology - consider ANTH 103
- Communications - consider COMM 100 or 218
- Computers - consider CS 120
- Education - consider ECE 120 and ED 256
- History - consider HST 106
- Political Science - consider PS 101 and PS 202
- Sociology - consider SOC 205 and SOC 208
- Writing - consider WR 115 and WR 121 (CRN 40512 WR 121 has several HS students in it)
Lane offers hundreds of courses, and this spring they're all being offered remotely. Not sure what to take? Don't worry! Brenda can help you find a course to match your interests.