Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to be a dance major to take classes?
- All of our dance classes are open to anyone who would like to take them (with proper experience for the higher level classes). If you would like pursue a degree in Dance, please be sure to set up an advising meeting with Bonnie Simoa, Lead Dance Faculty, email@example.com
Do I need to audition for classes?
- No. You can register directly for dance classes. If you are unsure about the level, talk to Bonnie Simoa, Lead Dance Faculty firstname.lastname@example.org or the instructor of the course to choose the class that matches your skill level.
What are the performance opportunities?
- There are three main performance opportunities: Collaborations Dance Concert held Winter Term (auditions in early Fall term), The Works student dance concert in the Spring, and Open Show each term for all classes.
What do I wear/ Where could I get dance clothes?
- There is not a harsh dress code at LCC. Clothing should be comfortable to move in, be form fitting so that the instructors can see your alignment, and cover your body appropriately. Shoes: Ballet shoes are required for ballet classes. Modern classes are done in bare feet. Hip Hop classes require clean, nonmarking, tennis shoes that are only worn in class. Social and World dance classes require different types depending on the instructor. Please contact your instructor directly. Instructor emails are available on our Faculty page.
How much are the classes?
- Most of the dance classes are 2 credit courses, see current tuition costs for current information.
Are there scholarships for dance here at LCC?
- Yes. The Dance Department offers a Talent Grant and Dance at Lane Scholarships. You may also contact the Foundation office