Your first step towards joining our Lane family begins with the application process. To make it as easy and stress free as possible we outlined a 3 step process to complete your application with next steps. At the bottom of the page you’ll also find more resources to make sure you feel informed and confident about joining us at Lane!
How to Complete Your Lane Application
- Go to our on-line application and input your name and a unique email address you check often. You will then be prompted to fill out some basic information.
- Use a debit or credit card to pay the $50 (USD) non-refundable processing fee.
- Submit Required Documents.
- Proof of Finances: A letter or statement from your bank (or your sponsors), dated within the last 6 months, and verifying that you currently have enough funds available.
- Transcripts: Scanned, from your most recent school (university or secondary school) and if you attend or attended a school in the USA, from all US schools attended.
- Passport ID Page: A copy showing your picture, passport number, full name, date of birth, and issuing country
- OPTIONAL: English Proficiency Test. This may allow you to go right into credit level classes without having to take ESL courses. For exact score requirements click here!
- OPTIONAL: Transfer Status Verification Form. For students already studying in the states, inquire with your advisor at your current school to fill out this form and send to Lane.
Documents preferred in PDF format. Or: .gif .jpg .png .bmp .tif
Lane may request additional documents if needed to complete your application review.In some cases, you may be asked to provide original documents sent to Lane Community College from your bank or educational institution. If this is the case, we will notify you directly.
Application Complete! Next Steps
Once your application is fully submitted, full time students will receive your I-20 and acceptance packet that will have information about obtaining a visa, requirements for placement testing, required new student orientation, and a confirmation form to submit for attending Lane Community College.Part-time students will be directed to new student orientation, placement testing requirements and academic advising.
Find more Information related to Getting Your Visa!
For a full list of next steps, check out our Admitted Students page!