Your first step towards joining our Lane family begins with the application process. To make it as easy and stress free as possible we outlined a 3 step process to complete your application with next steps. At the bottom of the page you’ll also find more resources to make sure you feel informed and confident about joining us at Lane!
How to Complete Your Lane Application
- Go to our online application and input your name and a unique email address you check often. You will then be prompted to fill out some basic information.
- Use a debit or credit card to pay the $50 (USD) non-refundable processing fee.
- Submit Required Documents.
- Proof of Finances: A letter or statement from your bank (or your sponsors), dated within the last 6 months, and verifying that you currently have enough funds available.
- Transcripts: Scanned, from your most recent school (university or secondary school) and if you attend or attended a school in the USA, from all US schools attended.
- Passport ID Page: A copy showing your picture, passport number, full name, date of birth, and issuing country
- Age Requirement: Students may be 16 when they apply, but must be 17 years of age by the first day of their entering term
- OPTIONAL: English Proficiency Test. This may allow you to go right into credit level classes without having to take ESL courses. Find out information about exact score requirements!
- OPTIONAL: Transfer Status Verification Form. For students already studying in the states, inquire with your advisor at your current school to fill out this form and send to Lane.
Documents preferred in PDF format. Or: .gif .jpg .png .bmp .tif
Lane may request additional documents if needed to complete your application review.In some cases, you may be asked to provide original documents sent to Lane Community College from your bank or educational institution. If this is the case, we will notify you directly.
Application Complete! Next Steps
Once your application is fully submitted, full time students will receive an I-20 and acceptance packet that will have information about obtaining a visa, requirements for placement testing, required new student orientation, and a confirmation form to submit for attending Lane Community College.You will need to schedule the shipment of your I-20 and acceptance packet. Please go to this link to register and submit your shipment request selecting "Admission Document with I-20" https://study.eshipglobal.com/register/ Costs may vary by country and courier. Please go ahead and schedule your shipment as soon as you are ready. I-20s are typically sent out by International Programs office 120 days before the start of your term.
Part-time students will be directed to new student orientation, placement testing requirements and academic advising.
- Find more Information related to Getting Your Visa!
- For a full list of next steps, check out our Admitted Students page!
Dates and Deadlines
Full-Time Student Deadlines
|Dates and Deadlines||Fall 2021||Winter 2022||Spring 2022|
|Admission Application Open||Closed||Open||Open|
|Admission Deadline||July 15||October 15||January 15|
| Notify Lane of Your |
Visa and Arrival Plans
|September 1||December 1||March 1|
| Online Placement Test |
|July 1 & Aug 1||October 28||February 1|
| Online Placement Test |
|August 30||November 15||February 28|
| Airport Pickup and |
Titan Court Move-in Dates*
|September 17-19||December 20 & 21, 2021||March 17 & 18|
|Orientation Dates||September 20-25||December 13-17, 2021 (virtual orientation)||March 21-25|
|First Day of the Term||September 27||January 3||March 28|
Full-time international students are students who will receive their I-20 from Lane Community College.
*Airport pick up can only be accommodated during these specific days. Airport pick up and move-in to Titan Court begins at 10 a.m. on the first day Airport pick up is available each term. Titan Court cannot accommodate arrivals earlier than the move-in dates specified.
Part-Time Student Deadlines
Part-time international students are on F-1 visas and will keep their I-20 at a school other than Lane or on J, B or other temporary immigrant visas. Please visit the Part-Time Classes At Lane page for more information.
Students must complete the online application and submit all required documents prior to the admission deadlines. Students who are not able to submit all documents by the deadline will need to contact admissions to be considered for the next term.
|Dates and Deadlines||Summer 2021||Fall 2021||Winter 2022||Spring 2022|
|Admissions Application Open||Closed||Open||Open||Open|
|Admission Deadline||June 16||September 20||December 20||March 21|
| Enrollment Process Deadline |
|a. International Office||June 18||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|b. Counseling & Advising Office||June 18||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|First Day of ESL Term||June 29||September 27||January 3||March 28|
|First Day of Credit Term||June 22||September 27||January 3||March 28|