Each honors student is expected to take responsibility for charting their academic degree and transfer goals in collaboration with both a program advisor and an honors advisor.
The program advisor will help you develop a degree plan that is specific to your major and transfer institution. Advisors are listed by program of study on the Counselors and Advisors page.
The honors advisor will help you determine how your honors classes will fit into your degree plan. It is important to meet with the honors advisor during your first term as an honors student and once a term thereafter to check in and update your degree plan if necessary.
Along with your honors advisor, you will develop an electronic term-by-term planner that will be stored in the Honors Program Moodle site for easy access and updating. You can access it by clicking on "Academic Advising Plan Storage Bank" in the advising block.
Honors Program Student Checklist
- Attend an Honors Program Orientation
- Meet with your program/major advisor to draft your degree plan and a detailed term-by-term planner indicating the classes you will need to take each term in order to complete your degree
- Meet with the honors advisor to plan how to incorporate Honors Program requirements into your degree and transfer plan (Honors Program requirements are to complete two honors seminars, four honors classes, and fulfill your experiential learning component)
- Enroll in Success for Scholars Learning Community in fall term of first year (recommended)
- Meet with Tamara Pinkas to select an experiential learning component and then communicate this to the honors admin coordinator
- Register for Invitation to Inquiry honors seminar the first winter term after you are accepted into the program. WR 121 is a prerequisite.
- Maintain your personal ePortfolio throughout your time enrolled as an honors student
- Register for the Capstone honors seminar in spring term (either directly following the Invitation to Inquiry honors seminar or the following academic year). WR 121 and Invitation to Inquiry honors seminar are pre-requisites.
- Complete four honors classes and/or options
- Fulfill your experiential learning component
- If dropping or leaving the Honors Program for any reason, communicate this directly to email@example.com and fill out an Honors Program Exit Survey
- Contact your honors advisor at the beginning of the term you plan to graduate so they can schedule an exit survey with you, arrange the details of your Honors Program transcript and diploma recognition, print an Award of Recognition for you, and provide you graduation ceremony details