In order to ensure every student in the program is able to receive the individual attention and meaningful critiques that they deserve, admission is selective. To enter one of our programs, once you have completed the Steps to Enroll, you’ll need to show readiness for Math 25 or higher and Writing 97 or higher. If you don’t meet the reading and/or writing requirements, please meet with your academic advisor to go over your options for getting into the program! PASS Lane Baking and Pastry program may be a good place to start. You will also need an Oregon Food Handlers card. Then you will want to complete the program application below.
Culinary Arts Application Dates and Deadlines:
1 yr Certificate in Commercial Cooking:
- Fall 2021 - Monday, August 30, 2021 or until full
- Winter and Spring terms 2022 – Please refer to Student Registration Calendar.
- Note: A winter or spring term start does not include Cooking Theories and will have limited program offerings. Cooking Theories is a sequence of lecture/lab classes that begin fall term only.
Commercial Baking, 1 yr. Certificate of Completion
Baking and Pastry, Less than 1 yr. certificate
- Fall term 2021 - Monday, August 30, 2021 or until full
- Note: The Baking and Pastry program is fall term start only. However, the PASS Lane Baking & Pastry program will begin summer term 2021.
Program Status Notification
Students applying to one of these programs will be notified of acceptance/non-acceptance status within two weeks of submission. If this is your first term of enrollment you must attend a Start Right Advising session or you will not be cleared to register for classes at Lane, including all Culinary Arts classes. Contact your program academic advisor for questions.