Hiring a Co-op Student - Employer Information
Co-op, simple process, simple forms!
- Call the Cooperative Education Division office at (541) 463-5203
- Describe the position you would like to offer a co-op student
- You will be connected with the cooperative education coordinator who is knowledgeable in your field
- You and the cooperative education coordinator will jointly establish a process for referring to your qualified students
Once you have selected a student, you'll sign an agreement form which is also signed by the student and a cooperative education coordinator. This agreement documents:
- Your willingness to provide a work experience to the student
- The student's willingness to be placed in your organization
- The college's support of the placement as an educational activity for the student and allows the college to provide workers compensation insurance for non-paid students
At the end of each work term, you will be provided with an evaluation form for each student. Your evaluation of the student will be used to help determine the student's grade.
For the name of the coordinator in your area, see our Co-op Program Directory which describes the program and identifies the coordinator.