Employer FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions - Employer Information

What is the difference between Cooperative Education and College Work Study?

Cooperative Education is an academic program which provides credit for work experience that relates to the student's educational studies. College Work Study is a financial aid program that provides job placements in nonprofit organizations with wages that are subsidized by the federal government. A student employed in work study job related to his/her educational studies may be eligible to receive co-op credit.

Can my employee, who is a Lane Community College student, sign up for Co-op?

Yes, providing the position the employee holds is related to his/her career or college major and meets program guidelines.

How much should I pay a Co-op student?

Most employers pay the current average wage for their industry. Wages will vary, however, based on the student's skill level and employment history. Some students can get experience in your organization on a non-paid basis.