News & Announcements
2015-2016 Enrollment Dates
Registration dates are as follows:
- Currently enrolled families - registration for 2015/16 begins May 4
- New Families - Open enrollment for 2015/16 begins May 11
We will be enrolling soon for summer term and the 2015/16 academic year. We have options available to reduce your child care expenses for student and staff parents. Student parents taking at least 6 credits who are Pell eligible can apply for the CCAMPIS Grant. If awarded the grant it will cover 80% of your child care expenses at Lane Child and Family Center. Please drop by our office in Building 24, Room 114 or call (541) 463-5517 or check out our web page for more information.
Lane Child and Family Center
Saturday, May 16th - 10am - 12pm
LCC Main Campus - Building 24, 25 & 26 (west side of campus)
Come meet our classroom teachers and take a tour!
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Accreditation
- Oregon's Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS Quality Program - Lane Child and Family Center rated 5 Stars
Call Now to schedule a tour & to get on the waitlist!
Enrollment is open to community, staff and student families. Families can enroll anytime. Come visit our program in action. The center is open Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 pm and serves children 30 months through 5 years old.
The Lane Child and Family Center is a state licensed preschool/child care program serving families on Lane's main campus. The program is the only Lane County Child Care Center accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children and rated 5 stars by Oregon's Quality Rating and Improvement System. The Center is a teacher preparation school and parent cooperative.
We provide opportunities for children to explore, discover and experiment with a wide variety of materials in a safe and emotionally responsive environment. Teachers respect each child's unique needs and allow development at his or her own pace. We encourage positive parent-child interaction, parent involvement and consistent care between school and home.
The program provides financial assistance to help reduce the child care fees for those who are eligible.
The center offers full- or part- time care that includes:
- Large classrooms with engaging learning materials
- Outdoor areas that have been transformed into Natural Playscapes
- Breakfast, lunch and snack provided
- Parent observation rooms to view classroom activities
- Professionally trained teachers
- All staff have CPR/First Aide Training
- Teacher assistance from parents and Early Childhood Education students
- Low child-to-caregiver ratio to allow for individual attention for each child
- See subsidies/scholarships options to reduce child care expenses
Lane Child & Family Center video:
Unable to view this video? View it on video.lanecc.edu