ASLCCSG Elections Information:
ASLCCSG Elections Information for Candidates:
Thank you for your interest in willing to serving the students of Lane Community College by running for one of the many elected offices that comprise the ASLCC; student government. ASLCCSG functions as much as the students that run it are willing to do the work.
This election packet contains information and documents that will benefit you throughout your campaign. It is your responsibility as a candidate to be aware of the election rules and guidelines, deadlines and campaigning rules. Please pay particular attention to:
- A document outlining the basic structure & functions of the ASLCCSG and the link to the current ASLCCSG Constitution and ASLCCSG By-laws
- List of dates and deadlines pertaining to the election;
- The qualifications and procedures required to file for candidacy; including election guidelines and rules.
If you have any questions or to obtain a complete packet, please contact Christina Walsh in the ASLCCSG office, or the ASLCCSG Election Committee Chair.
- ASLCC Student Leadership Director Christina Walsh - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elections Committee Chair, Chief of Staff - email@example.com
There positions are elected by student vote. Only students who meet the qualifications as outlined in the ASLCCSG Constitution, By-Laws, and Election Rules may be listed on the ballot for election. Write-in candidates must still meet the same qualifcations in order to hold office:
- President/Vice-President (Must Run On the Same Ticket)
- Senators (10 At-Large)
These positions are appointed by the President, and ratified by the Senate in accordance with the ASLCCSG Constitution and By-Laws:
- Chief of Staff
- Multicultural Program Coordinator
- Communications Director
- Gender and Sexual Diversity Advocate
- Student Resource Director
- State Affairs Director
- Campus Events Coordinator
- Administrative Secretary
Qualifications for all ASLCC Elected Positions:
- All candidates must be enrolled in at least six (6) LCC credit hours during the term he or she is a candidate for ASLCCSG office by the application deadline.
- ASLCCSG Presidential candidates must have completed a minimum of 18 credit hours within the previous 3 terms, with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 to be eligible to run for office.
- Candidates for all other offices must be enrolled in at least 6 credits and have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5.
- All students elected to ASLCCSG office shall be required to enroll in, and complete at least six (6) credit hours each term and maintain a 2.0 term GPA. Credits recorded as audit or received a no pass do not count as completed credits.
- No member of ASLCCSG shall simultaneously hold more than one (1) office under this Constitution; (No member can run for more than one (1) office)
- No member of ASLCCSG shall be in the same executive office for more than 2 consecutive years. (No matter if you were elected or appointed to that position originally.)
In the event there are vacant seats on ASLCCSG Senate, Students may Petition/Apply to join by using the Petition Form and Process. Consult with current student government officials and the advisor to learn more.