Apprenticeship Program - Course Offerings
PRE-APPRENTICESHIP CLASSES (open to general public)
FALL TERM 2015
TRADE SKILLS FUNDAMENTALS
APR 101 - CRN#21095 - 4 credits
Class begins Monday, September 28, 2015
6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Main Campus Bldg. 12 Rm. 133
Start your career path...
Trade Skills Fundamentals provides students with basic knowledge and skills required to apply for an apprenticeship trade or entry-level position with a variety of companies.
- Experience hands-on training
- Learn about the construction, maintenance, and other industries
- Acquire points toward entry into apprenticeship trades
- Trades/Industry Preview
- Trade Calculations
- Basic Safety
- Guest Speakers
- Blueprint Reading
- Hand/Power Tools
- Resume Writing
- Employability Skills
- Communication Skills
SPRING TERM 2016
Offered during Spring term only.
APR 105 - CRN #41543 - 4 credits
(Pre-req Math 20)
Class begins Monday, March 28, 2016
Main Campus Bldg. 15 Rm. 109
Residential Wiring familiarizes students with opportunities in the Electrical Construction industry. This course covers entry-level skills required of an electrician along with physical components of residential/commercial electrical systems.
- Introduction into electrical trade
- Learn basic electrical concepts
- Hands-on wiring projects
- Acquire points toward entry into electrical program