Pre-Apprenticeship Course Offerings
(open to general public)
Fall Term 2020
APR 101 - CRN#20651 - 4 credits
Class begins September 29, 2020
6:00 - 8:50 p.m.
Main Campus Bldg. 10 Room 117 (*Subject to change)
Start your career path...
Trade Skills Fundamentals provides students with basic knowledge and skills required to apply for an apprenticeship trade or entry-level position with a variety of companies.
- Experience hands-on training
- Learn about construction, maintenance, and other industries
- Acquire points toward entry into apprenticeship trades
- Trades/Industry preview
- Trade calculations
- Basic safety
- Guest speakers
- Blueprint reading
- Hand/Power tools
- Resume writing
- Employability skills
- Communication skills
Fall Term 2020
APR 105 - CRN #22124 - 4 credits
Class begins September 30, 2020
Main Campus Bldg. 10 Room 218 (*Subject to change)
Electrical Wiring for the Trades familiarizes students with opportunities in the Electrical Construction industry. This course covers entry-level skills required of an electrician along with physical components of residential/commercial electrical systems.
- Introduction into electrical trade
- Learn basic electrical concepts
- Hands-on wiring projects
- Acquire points toward entry into electrical program
Spring Term 2021
Plumbing Trade Introduction
APR 106 - CRN#TBA - 2 credits
This is an introduction to basic plumbing practices and completion of minor repairs. Exposure to tools, safety, materials, codes, and plumbing career opportunities will be explored. This course does not require any previous knowledge or skill in plumbing and upon successful completion, students may acquire points for selection in the plumbing trade.
- Learn basic plumbing concepts and home repairs
- Hands-on plumbing projects
- Plumbing trade opportunities
- Acquire points toward entry into plumbing apprenticeship program