What is the TRiO/TRiO STEM Center?
2021-22 TRiO/TRiO STEM Application is open
The TRIO and TRIO STEM application is open for the 2021/2022 Academic year.
The TRiO/TRiO STEM Center honors diversity.
We all work together to create a safe
environment where everyone is
treated with dignity and respect.
All people are welcome here!
TRiO/TRiO STEM Center will be open from 9:00am - 3:00pm Monday and Tuesday throughout the summer term for in person services on campus services. The offices will close for lunch with no services available from 12:30pm - 1:30pm.
TRIO and TRIO STEM is available via Zoom, phone and google chat. Current TRIO students should check their LCC Moodle page for advisor contact information.
The TRiO/TRIO STEM Center at Lane Community College helps students reach their goals. It is a federally funded program with the goal of helping students stay in school and successfully graduate from Lane Community College and/or transfer to a four-year institution. The services are provided free to eligible students to assist them in meeting the varied challenges of college life.
Who can receive services from the TRIO/TRIO STEM?
To be eligible for the TRiO/TRIO STEM you must be pursuing, with an intent to complete, a degree or certificate at Lane and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- A low-income individual - Qualify for financial aid or meet financial need guidelines
- A first generation college student - Neither parent received a four-year degree
- An individual with disabilities - Have a documented disability and receive services through the Lane Community College Center for Accessible Resources.
A student is eligible to participate in a Student Support Services project if the student meets all of the following requirements:
- Is a citizen or national of the United States or meets the residency requirements for Federal student financial assistance.
- Is enrolled at Lane Community College or accepted for enrollment in the next academic term .
- Has a need for academic support.
TRIO and TRIO STEM are a limited entry program and we encourage early application as space is limited.
*Students already holding a degree are ineligible for services.
How can I find out more about the TRiO/TRiO STEM Center?
Please call the TRiO/TRiO STEM Center at 541-463-3131, or drop by the TRIO/TRIO STEM Offices in the Student Services Building, Building 1, Room 218 or 219 at Lane Community College. A TRiO staff member will be available to answer any questions you may have
TRiO/TRiO STEM Center is a Student Support Services program funded by the US Department of Education, Division of Special Services, Title IV, Higher Education Act of 1965, ($537,924 in 2020-21)