What is the TRiO/TRiO STEM Center?
No events are scheduled at this time.
The TRiO/TRiO STEM Center honors diversity.
We all work together to create a safe
environment where everyone is
treated with dignity and respect.
All people are welcome here!
TRIO and TRIO STEM is working remotely and available via Zoom, phone and google chat. Current TRIO students should check their LCC Moodle page for advisor contact information.
The TRiO/TRIO STEM Center at Lane Community College helps students reach their goals. It is a federally funded program with the goal of helping students stay in school and successfully graduate from Lane Community College and/or transfer to a four-year institution. The services are provided free to eligible students to assist them in meeting the varied challenges of college life.
Who can receive services from the TRIO/TRIO STEM?
To be eligible for the TRiO/TRIO STEM you must be pursuing, with an intent to complete, a degree or certificate at Lane and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- A low-income individual - Qualify for financial aid or meet financial need guidelines
- A first generation college student - Neither parent received a four-year degree
- An individual with disabilities - Have a documented disability and receive services through the Lane Community College Center for Accessible Resources.
A student is eligible to participate in a Student Support Services project if the student meets all of the following requirements:
- Is a citizen or national of the United States or meets the residency requirements for Federal student financial assistance.
- Is enrolled at Lane Community College or accepted for enrollment in the next academic term .
- Has a need for academic support.
TRIO and TRIO STEM are a limited entry program and we encourage early application as space is limited.
*Students already holding a degree are ineligible for services.
How can I find out more about the TRiO/TRiO STEM Center?
Please call the TRiO/TRiO STEM Center at 541-463-3131, or drop by the TRIO/TRIO STEM Offices in the Student Services Building, Building 1, Room 218 or 219 at Lane Community College. A TRiO staff member will be available to answer any questions you may have
The TRiO/TRiO STEM Center is a Student Support Services program funded by the US Department of Education, Division of Special Services, Title IV, Higher Education Act of 1965, ($243,641 in 2013-14).