Working towards realizing Lane's core value of sustainability
Hours and Contact:
Campus remains open 8-5 M-F but buildings are locked except for permitted employees. All instruction and meetings are conducted remotely.
Staff are working remotely and can be accessed by phone or email from 8-5 Monday through Friday this fall.
- View our Sustainability Virtual Tour
- Sustainability Events
- Lane's Living Green Fund application form
The Institute for Sustainable Practices works toward realizing Lane's core value of sustainability.
- Integrating practices that support and improve the health of systems that sustain life.
- Providing an interdisciplinary learning environment that builds understanding of sustainable ecological, social, and economic systems, concern for environmental justice, and the competence to act on such knowledge.
- Equipping and encouraging all students and staff to participate actively in building a socially diverse, just, and sustainable society, while cultivating connections to local, regional, and global communities.
About the Institute for Sustainable Practices
Education for sustainability projects includes working with faculty across the college to infuse sustainability into all curriculum and offering workshops, trainings, and conferences for students, employees, and the community.
Operational practices include:
- Administering the Recycling Education Center and the Learning Garden.
- Developing proposals and implementing energy and water conservation projects and renewable energy installations, sustainable transportation initiatives and more.
- Providing and analyzing data about energy, water, solid waste, transportation and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Coordinating hands-on student projects that benefit operational and educational sustainability.
- Supporting the Sustainability Committee and implementing Committee recommendations.
- Creating and implementing campus plans such as the Climate Action Plan and the Sustainability Strategic Direction Implementation Plan.