What is PASS Lane?
"PASS" or Pathways, Academic Skills, and Services targets students in ABSE, ESL, GED or other students interested in transitioning to credit classes while working on reading, writing and math skills. Students admitted to PASS Lane are given the opportunity to take specific credit level Career Technical classes and integrated non-credit ABSE or ESL classes simultaneously, regardless of if they have passed the college placement test. In addition to this, when students without a GED or a high school diploma are enrolled in PASS Lane, they may still be eligible for Financial Aid by applying through the Ability to Benefit opportunity.
Students enrolled in PASS Lane receive the following benefits:
- Individualized coaching
- Proactive cohort advising
- Reading and study skill development
- Student Success Workshops and services which include employer speakers, industry tours and more.
Upon completion of PASS Lane options, students:
- May have completed a Career Pathway Certificate of completion.
- Will have earned college credits towards the related Associates degree.
- Will have enhanced both job search and college success skills.
- Will receive continued support in either job search or academic transition based on individual goals.
We are currently recruiting for cohorts in the following PASS Lane options:
Early Childhood Education
Bridge to Health Professions - summer start; 4 terms
Individualized Plans (non-cohort based)
Students can enroll in an Individualized Plan (non-cohort based) in the following areas:
- Industrial Trades
- Business and Office Professionals
- More Individualized Plans coming soon!
Applying for PASS Lane
- Contact us for more information or sign up! - Or visit our office on main campus in Building 11, Room 201.