Welcome to Mathematics
Students preparing to complete a career degree or certificate or transfer to a four-year college or university can choose from among a wide variety of offerings to meet their mathematics general education requirements. Those planning to major in mathematics, engineering, physics, or other related fields will find the necessary courses to complete the first two years of their curriculum among the division's offerings.
News and Announcements
- Multiple Measures are now being used for placement into mathematics courses! Take our intake survey.
- Expiration of prerequisites for Math courses have been extended! All Math courses below MTH 251 have prerequisite limits of 2 years (8 terms). All Math courses above and including MTH 251 have prerequisite limits of 5 years.
- Math tutoring and self-paced courses are available in our Math Resource Center.
- Mathematics & Engineering is home to the Engineering Transfer Course of Study.
Visit Advising Resources for help choosing the math courses that meet the needs of your degree or certificate path.
Contact the Math & Engineering Office:
Building 16, Room 166
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday
Math/Engineering Computer Lab
Located in Building 16, Room 222
- The Computer Lab in Bldg. 16/Room 222 is designated primarily for Lane Math and Engineering Students.
- The lab includes 37 PC's all with Windows 7 operating system and each machine has specialty Math and Engineering software installed, such as SolidWorks and MatLab.
- The room has a Lab Technician on duty for several hours a week. The hours vary each term. See the calendar posted near the door for the schedule.
- The room is kept locked during all unattended hours but is still available for use 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. unless reserved for a class.
- If the room is locked and unattended, go to the Math Office, 16/166, or call 541-463-5454.