Department of Writing and Literature
The study of literature engages students in creative and non-instrumental ways of knowing, as well as engaging theory and methodologies of the discipline. Coursework in literature features inquiry and discussion based learning with a focus on critical and analytical reading through close reading/textual analysis. It also requires substantial development and support of ideas in written and/or multi-modal compositions.
Fall 2020 Literature Classes
- ENG 104 - Intro to Lit: Fiction - Online
- ENG 105 - Intro to Lit: Drama* - Online
*Honors option available as ENG 105_H
- ENG 260 - Intro to Women Writers - Online
- ENG 204 - Survey of British Literature - M/W 10:00-11:50 Virtual Meet
- ENG 232 - Native American Lit: Myth and Folklore - M/W 12:00-1:50 Virtual Meet
- ENG 240 - Nature Literature - T/TH 10:00-11:50 Virtual Meet
Literature classes are 4 credit hours.