The study of literature engages students in creative and non-instrumental ways of knowing, as well as engaging theory and methodologies of the discipline. Coursework in literature features inquiry and discussion based learning with a focus on critical and analytical reading through close reading/textual analysis. It also requires substantial development and support of ideas in written and/or multi-modal compositions.
- Class Schedule Fall 2018
- ENG designated Course Descriptions
- LCC degree information
- Internships/Cooperative Education
See our "Lit at Lane"
FB page for updates and news
Study Literature - Fall Term 2018
- CRN 21059 - Intro to Imaginative Writing: Fiction (Chaves) T/H 2:00 to 3:50 pm
- CRN 21673 Intro to Lit: Poetry (Beasley) online
- CRN 21826 Intro to Lit: Fiction (vonAmmon) online
- CRN 22887 Intro to Women Writers (McGrail) online
- CRN 23127 Asian American Literature (Shitabata) T/H noon to 1:50 pm
- CRN 23128 Survey of American Literature (Harrison) T/H 10:00 to 11:50 am
- CRN 23216 Latino/a Literature (Chaves) MW 2:00 to 3:20 pm 2:00 to 2:50 pm