Getting Help With Classes
The SHeD is temporarily closed to in-person assistance; Staff are able to assist you remotely!
- Hours: Mon. - Thurs: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., beginning 9/21, Mon-Fri.
- Email: SHeD@lanecc.edu
- Phone: 541-463-3333
- Online Help: help.lanecc.edu (Live Chat available during open hours, click the green "Live Help" button)
Contact the Student Help Desk for technical issues and problems with Moodle. For specific questions about your course (i.e. exams, assignments, due dates), contact your instructor.
Resource Centers and Tutors
Centers are currently closed to on-campus visitors. Most centers have remote or online assistance available.
- Computer Labs: Save money and frustration by using LCC computers on campus with tech support nearby.
- Business Resource Center
- Computer Information Technology Computer Lab
- Library: In addition to Library materials, computers and laptops are available for use inside the library. Have a question for a librarian? Live Chat available--click the orange "Ask Us" button.
- Math Resource Center
- Science Resource Center
- Writing Center
- Free Online eTutoring
- Tutor Central: Tutoring on the topics of CS120, Moodle and general computer questions, Math 10, psychology, speech, and writing.
- Student Resources
Do It Yourself (DIY) and Self-Help for Online Learning:
- "Moodle" for Students
- Learn to touch type
- Manage your time and set goals (start with Time Management video, also many other resources)
- Netiquette: Be courteous online
- Tips for Online Students
Prepare to learn
Steps you can take before the term starts that will make you more successful:
- Find out what date the course starts and put it on your calendar.
- Figure out what computer equipment and internet access you need and plan to use.
- Test out the equipment with the hands-on how to Moodle course.
- Plan a weekly routine to manage your time during the term.
- Set goals for the term.
- Choose a distraction-free learning space.
- Arrange for the support you need to take on this new challenge.
- Obtain textbooks and school supplies needed for the course.